PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Netgear wgr614 and ubuntu

DC_FC79
November 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Im not sure if this is the right section but if i install say ubuntu on a pc and connect it to a netgear wgr614 router would it be able to connect to the internet,

icanfly0307
November 26th, 2008, 07:17 PM
How do you plan on connecting it? Will you use an ethernet wire or a wireless adapter? If you're gonna use an ethernet wire, it will work automatically. However, if you're gonna use a wireless adapter, say so in your next post and I'll help you set it up.

Good Luck! :)

DCFC79
November 26th, 2008, 08:38 PM
How do you plan on connecting it? Will you use an ethernet wire or a wireless adapter? If you're gonna use an ethernet wire, it will work automatically. However, if you're gonna use a wireless adapter, say so in your next post and I'll help you set it up.

Good Luck! :)

i was going to use etherent and then this router i have will connecto the 2nd netgear downstairs next to the modem, right just had a thought that it wouldnt work but wasnt sure

icanfly0307
November 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Yes, if you're going to hook up your Ubuntu system directly to the router via ethernet, then it will definitely work.

DC_FC79
November 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Yes, if you're going to hook up your Ubuntu system directly to the router via ethernet, then it will definitely work.

much appreciated, thankyou