PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hp 7960 photosmart freezes when printing

pdean44
November 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I am running intrpid 8.10 my hp photosmart 7960 printer freezes and gets and out of paper error etc . I cant seem to get this resolved. I downloaded the latest driver from HP.

pdean44
November 28th, 2008, 03:55 AM
I resolved this problem by totally removig any references to Hp printers from my system. Removed the printer and cold booted. Went to the Hplip site and downloaded the latest driver again installed it and plugged in the printer when asked. That solved the issue. I then looked up sharing your printer in ubuntu and was able to quickly set up my wife's vista lap top so it could print through my linux box. I am a very happy Ubuntu user right now. Not bad for a novice. :)

zappal
January 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
I just wanted to add to this incase someone needs to learn how to setup HP Printer in Linux
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

HP Printers works awesome with Linux! :guitar:

spegru
February 4th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I now have this same problem. When I print or even do a head clean it locks up and disappears active printers until I switch it off and on again.
I also followed pdean44's suggestion but it makes no difference in my case

Any Ideas?

RaZoR1394
March 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
I have the same problem. I think this has always been a problem for me in Ubuntu. I have to unplug and plug the power cord of the printer to get it running normally again. I haven't tried the printer in 11.04 yet. Something has to be seriously wrong with the printer driver because this never happens in Windows. A printer should just be plug and play.