PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Dancer IRCD services

chemicall
November 26th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I installed Dancer ircd and services, followed this guide. Using hardy heron, tried ubuntu server, xubuntu, the services don't load, I'm playing with it but any ideas what may be wrong in this guide? thanks alot.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Dancer-IRCD

daxumaming
December 9th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I've attached the sample configuration files i used on that tutorial, it's located at the bottom of that wiki.

Rivernet1
September 24th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I installed Dancer ircd and services, followed this guide. Using hardy heron, tried ubuntu server, xubuntu, the services don't load, I'm playing with it but any ideas what may be wrong in this guide? thanks alot.

I feel as if Dancer has died. There's a ton of open question on the intertubes begging for help in getting .services running, but no answers. I also am one of these, but it looks like from what I've read, Unreal might be the last bastion of ircd packages that's actually working for most. :(

meGman
May 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I feel as if Dancer has died. There's a ton of open question on the intertubes begging for help in getting .services running, but no answers. I also am one of these, but it looks like from what I've read, Unreal might be the last bastion of ircd packages that's actually working for most. :(

I COMPLETELY Agree! It's truly unbelievable that there is SO little documentation to be found most ANYWHERE on the net!

And then we come into places like this (or an irc chat) and STILL can't get any answers! Very discouraging. Very.](*,):evil:

supremedalek
May 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
You are not alone. Using the instructions it seems I got it to run but I just feel like I do not know what is going on. Not a good feeling.

I am not trying to diss the author of the wiki, but I could use more info.