PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] OpenOffice doesn't upgrade to 3.0

shador
November 26th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I have Intrepid an I am trying to upgrade OpenOffice to 3.0. I add the openoffice repos and then try update/upgrade but nothing happens.

From what I understand a update notification should appear once I update with the new repos.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Zack McCool
November 26th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Today is Wednesday, but not Psychic Wednesday... ;)

Please post your sources.list so that the line you entered can be verified.

Also, after updating sources.list, did you do a
sudo apt-get update to get it to check the repos?

frankleeee
November 26th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I have Intrepid an I am trying to upgrade OpenOffice to 3.0. I add the openoffice repos and then try update/upgrade but nothing happens.

From what I understand a update notification should appear once I update with the new repos.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

If your trying to do the ppa launchpad update they have removed 00o3 due to bug issues and are going to make it available when fixed.

shador
November 26th, 2008, 09:55 AM
If your trying to do the ppa launchpad update they have removed 00o3 due to bug issues and are going to make it available when fixed.

Ah ok so that's the problem. So nothing to do but wait now huh?

frankleeee
November 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Ah ok so that's the problem. So nothing to do but wait now huh?

That appears to be the situation which makes me a bit nervous I have to write a 8 page final paper for a class by Monday and I downloaded 00o3 on all 3 of my computers, they have been running it fine except that I lose the systray Quickstarter on a reboot every time. Otherwise I have been doing writing stuff for classes with no problems.