PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CRC error,system halt

alc1854
November 26th, 2008, 02:50 AM
I have installed 8.1 successful and also installed winxp in VBox . but yesterday when I use winxp in VBOX, the system sudden black screen, no any response, so I had to reboot PC.but when the system restart. it shown CRC error,system halt. I can not boot into ubuntu, How can I do then, how can I repair it?

Jammanuser
November 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
i've got the same error...only mine was/is on ubuntu 8.10, which is installed on top of Vista, using wubi-installer! i'm unable to boot into ubuntu any more because i get the "crc error" and then on next line "system halted" error...i have no idea what the problem is, and am in the process of trying to find a solution to this problem...u could try googling "crc error" and you'll see several sites where people talk about different crc errors...i have not found one yet that offers a solution to my particular problem, but maybe you'll have better luck! :(

Lets both of us wait for some answers from people who have had the same problem, and somehow fixed it...

:lolflag:

sistoviejo
March 16th, 2009, 10:21 PM
In my case it was because of an Ati PCI-slot video card.
When I changed the card to an AGP video card, the problem was solved.
Other reasons for this error could be bad memory, bad hard drive, bad CD-rom drive or bad Ubuntu live CD (if you're booting from one).
Good luck!