PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot install 8.10 please help

philidox
November 26th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I have tried to install 8.10 with absolutely no luck at all. I have tried alternate methods but I keep booting to the same screen as before. The livecd video drivers are jacking with my system. To make matters even weirder, I use the 8.04 ubuntu livecd and it works just fine but everytime I try and load the 8.10 it turns to crap. The 8.10 livecd loads I just cant see anything and I cannot(or just dont know how) boot to command-line installation. Help Help Help. If you know how gimme some step by step instructions on how to use the command-line installation or any other solution would be great

cariboo
November 26th, 2008, 02:22 AM
HAve you tried starting in safe graphics mode? At the menu (which is the same for both the LiveCD and the alternate installation) Press Alt-F4 and select Safe Graphics Mode.

Jim

philidox
November 26th, 2008, 03:44 AM
I'll try that thx

philidox
November 26th, 2008, 04:58 PM
HAve you tried starting in safe graphics mode? At the menu (which is the same for both the LiveCD and the alternate installation) Press Alt-F4 and select Safe Graphics Mode.

Jim

When I press f4 or alt+f4 I get four options, Normal, Safe graphics mode, Use driver update CD, and OEM install (for manufacturers). I have tried them all under ubuntu 8.10 and no luck. However 8.04 works perfectly with all of em. Can figure it out. I'll just go back to 8.04 and upgrade to 8.10. Alot of updating but I'm don't see any other way. Thx alot