PDA

View Full Version : what games do you secretly play on your netbook while at work?

earthpigg
November 26th, 2008, 01:02 AM
preferably ones that dont require an internet connection ;)

so far, for me, just freeciv.

im thinking of getting in the famous nethack.

Dragonbite
November 26th, 2008, 03:35 PM
preferably ones that dont require an internet connection ;)

so far, for me, just freeciv.

I don't have a netbook, but I know freeciv is an extremely addicted game. Since I've re-installed I have made sure to NOT re-install that game so I can get some sleep at night!

Tom--d
November 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm going to try this freeciv. See how addictive it is :P

Dragonbite
November 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I'm going to try this freeciv. See how addictive it is :P

Now it would be really cool to get a few people in the office with netbooks playing the game wirelessly :) That way you run your turn and then wait for everybody else to finish.

Back in college we had a game on our mainframe called Conquest. At times you could not find a terminal because we were all in the process of blowing each other to bits!

It didn't matter that half of us missed our Humanities class since we were all in the same class and didn't want to concede our planets to anybody else.

solitaire
November 26th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Been playing "Liquid Wars" lately, great game if you got a spare 10 mins between meetings (Or when the boss is droning on about something boring....) :D

gn2
November 26th, 2008, 05:33 PM
If I had a netbook with me at work I would be immediately sacked. :(

OffHand
November 26th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I play against my boss on the network so I do not have to do it secretly. My computer at work is a 22" iMac with core 2 duo cpu's and a 256MB videocard :guitar:

Downside: my boss always wins! grrrrrr

Dragonbite
November 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I play against my boss on the network so I do not have to do it secretly. My computer at work is a 22" iMac with core 2 duo cpu's and a 256MB videocard :guitar:

Downside: my boss always wins! grrrrrr

Especially if you like your job!

C-3PO: Nobody cares if a droid loses.

Han Solo: Yeah, but Droids don't rip your arms out when they loose. Wookies have been known to do that.

C-3PO: R2, might I suggest a change in strategy?

OffHand
November 26th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Especially if you like your job!

Huh?

super breadfish
November 26th, 2008, 08:42 PM
C&C Red Alert 2
C&C Zero Hour
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

C&C games over LAN are very popular at my place.

jimi_hendrix
November 26th, 2008, 08:46 PM

its very very hard

jimi_hendrix
November 26th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Now it would be really cool to get a few people in the office with netbooks playing the game wirelessly :) That way you run your turn and then wait for everybody else to finish.

Back in college we had a game on our mainframe called Conquest. At times you could not find a terminal because we were all in the process of blowing each other to bits!

It didn't matter that half of us missed our Humanities class since we were all in the same class and didn't want to concede our planets to anybody else.

i think theres a KDE game called Konquest...

Been playing "Liquid Wars" lately, great game if you got a spare 10 mins between meetings (Or when the boss is droning on about something boring....) :D

i love that game

C&C Red Alert 2
C&C games over LAN are very popular at my place.

they just came out with a new one

i want to play N...but when i install it i cant find it in the menu!