PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Removing KDE login manager.

Jerfo
November 25th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Ok, I grew tired of the issues with KDE so I *tried* to completely remove it using psychocat's guide, I don't even think it worked completely because several kde programs remain and even though it did remove the only one I actually cared about (Amarok) when I reinstalled it without even getting the libs it said it needed in the site it ran perfectly, so, if my logic doesn't fail, it means those weren't removed either. I tried to use the purge thing on aptitude and supposedly it worked, but I'm also doubting that. Lastly, since I installed KDE I can't use the Login Window under sys > admin > login window as I keep getting the error message "GDM (GNOME Display Manager) is not running." I already tried to make it default by using "sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm" and, surprise! KDE is still being listed, but nothing happens. So could someone tell me what is going on here? How do I get rid of KDE and go back to a pure Gnome?

(Note to self: This happens for messing with stuff I don't entirely understand...)