PDA

View Full Version : List of interesting package updates for each Ubuntu release?

Keyper7
November 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
It is well-known that each Ubuntu release is much more than a simple release of a new version of an OS. A new Ubuntu release means that there's a new repository available, with tons and tons of more up-do-date versions of software.

So, my question is, is there any site that tries to collect particularly interesting updates from one Ubuntu repository to another? Keeping track of all packages would, of course, be very hard, but perhaps that packages that come installed by default.

This thought came to be when I tested the Intrepid live CD and went all "OMG I HAZ A BLUETOOTH WIZARD NOW LOL!!!11!11". Of course, I'd know that if I kept track of the bluetooth-applet updates, but this only works if you know what you need to keep track of beforehand.

Achetar
November 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Not that I know of. If you're into games there's the Ubuntu Gamers forum and site. But other than that none that I know if. If you find any please post them here! I would love to see those!