PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Double click causes screen capture after upgrade to 8.10

substanceD
November 25th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Hello,

I upgraded to Intrepid Ibex a couple of days ago, and I have started to come across something very strange: in one directory (every other one seems to be okay), double-clicking on a file causes some sort of screen capture tool to run, and replaces my mouse with a plus-sign (+) looking thing that takes a screen capture whenever I click after that. I'm not sure how to close the screen capture utility (it continues capturing every time I click), though pressing all the mouse buttons repeatedly seems to stop it.

Anyway, I feel like a complete idiot because I can't replicate the issue anywhere else (at least I hope it won't happen elsewhere), and the filetype (.java) is associated with gedit and opens normally on a double-click from any other directory. Other non-.java files copied to the directory open normally as well.

Oh, and one other thing: the screenshots are all named "java.util.ArrayList", "java.util.HashMap", etc. like it's reading the imports from the files (and skipping over the comments at the top, hm...). Any insight into this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
substanceD