PDA

View Full Version : ut2004 woes

nastynate
January 3rd, 2005, 04:03 AM
ok so i got ut2004 all set up and my drivers optimized and whatnot... but now the problem is that most of the time ut will hard lock my system... and i cant get a output log coz it locks the whole system i cant change terminals or kill xwindows or anything ...
earlier today i managed to play a whole round w/o crashing and when i exited i had this output
WARNING: ALC_EXT_capture is subject to change!
Xlib: extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
center point

most of the time it will freeze my system right when the nvidia spinning logo comes up... sometimes it will freeze up in mid game... any ideas here ?
ohyea and this is the fresh install i havent patched it yet because it technically isnt working : /

rpgcyco
January 6th, 2005, 04:07 AM
I also have this error waiting for me when I exit UT2004. However, the game runs flawlessly and just as fast as Fedora Core 2 when I had an optimized Kernel and X.org.

If it ever locks up though (I might have just been lucky so far), I'll be sure to post about it.

- Rpg Cyco

ra1
January 6th, 2005, 04:17 AM
For me the game runs normal (warty, nvidia video card). There were some crashes, but applying linux patch 3323 for ut2004 solved all my problems.

rpgcyco
January 6th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Oh yeah, I should mention my setup.

Warty, NVIDIA GF4 MX440 (POS), UT2004 + ECE Bonus Pack + 3339 Patch.

I did get a crash in the time since my last post. The game just exited and said "Segmentation fault". Hasn't done it again yet.

- Rpg Cyco