PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cairo dock won't run.

Jerfo
November 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I downloaded Cairo Dock yesterday via Synaptic and it worked fine at first, I could bring it up using the alt + f2, then it suddenly closed and it wouldn't run even with alt + f2, I kept searching for it on the menus and it was nowhere to be found.

I tried again today and still it wouldn't run, tried to reinstall it using both Synaptic and the terminal, again, nothing.

Also, when using the terminal installation, I got at the very end this error message:

Processing triggers for menu ...
/usr/share/menu/cairo-dock: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
Execution of /usr/share/menu/cairo-dock generated no output or returned an error.

So, I simply don't know what's going on or what I have to do to get it running.

fabounet
November 25th, 2008, 11:41 AM
uninstall it, and re-install it from the official repository.

mayorchapsick
December 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM
I have kinda the same problem. I tried installing cairo dock from the repository, and i have the launch icon in Applications>System Tools> Cairo Dock, and it just wont run.I also tired doing it from a deb package, and installing it and reinstalling it. I also have the plugns installed. I have no clue whats going on.

Som1else
April 29th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I have the same problem I am prety sure it is because i stoped all the apps from running. Is there a way around that?

JK3mp
April 29th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Try installing from OFFICIAL repos as stated above.

fabounet
April 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
isn't it just hidden under the gnome-panel ?

ubuntumaybe
April 30th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Try installing from OFFICIAL repos as stated above.

Hi,

You will have to humour me. I install cairo using synaptic. Is that release not coming from the official repos? If not then how would I install it from the official repos. THanks.

fabounet
May 1st, 2009, 10:36 PM
http://www.cairo-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=Accueil&lang=en

eggy3
May 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'm running 9.04, installed Cairo from synaptic, runs up to theme manager but then I get no further (I'm a Cairo Newbie, could be user error!) Does not allow you to configure/save theme

Won't then close down without resorting to killing the process

I'm presuming this is a "version issue" and there'll be an update in line with the new release