PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Image Viewer

Quarkrad
November 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Just a few weeks old - Ubuntu 8.10. Is there such a thing in the Linux world that is essentially a 2 pane file viewer (like Gnome Commander and Krusader) that lets you view jpg/jpeg files as small thumbnails rather than a list of icon? I want to be able to view two of my photo directories at the same time to compare photos. I appreciate if there are lots of files in the directory you will not able to see all the pictures but as with file managers you can scroll down.
Almost all photo viewers have this sort of feature (viewing thumbnails pictures in a directory) but 99% of them only seem to allow you view one directory at a time. I have a windows app that lets you view multiple directories - which is great for comparing duplicate pictures. I am not looking for multiple (more than 2) views - just two. Gnome Commander and Krusader are close but I do not know if you can view the files as thumbnails or just as icons. This (damn) app is the only thing forcing me to dual boot Ubuntu/winXP - if I can find something close I can go Ubuntu 100%.

NT4usB
November 24th, 2008, 08:27 PM
feh is a commandline interface I use for viewing. It will drill down multiple directories and (iirc) does thumbnails. It has other functions I haven't explored. Don't know if it'll do what you want, and it is commandline only but might check it out. It's in the repos.