PDA

View Full Version : New Packaging

Niksko
November 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Just got my free copy of Intrepid Desktop Edition in the mail. First off, it was exactly 3 weeks from when it was sent to the shipping company, to when it arrived. 3 weeks for shipping to Australia is pretty good by my standards. Secondly, kudos to whoever designed the packaging. Much nicer than the Hardy packaging in my opinion. Brown gives it a warmer feel, and makes it feel less surgical, which is what the red and white Hardy packaging felt like to me. The logo is less prominent, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it is still on there, and it allows the "Ubuntu" and the "8.10" be more prominent.

All in all, a great job - and the operating system isn't bad either :wink:

Thoughts?

billgoldberg
November 24th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I ordered mine on october 14, it still hasn't arrived.

It might be time to order it again.

Niksko
November 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Hmmmmm. But was it shipped on the 14th? Because I ordered mine on the 25th or there abouts, but they have to wait until the OS is officially released before they worry about actually shipping the orders out. Hence mine was sent to the shipping company on the 4th. At least I think that's how it works.

4th guy
November 24th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Just got my free copy of Intrepid Desktop Edition in the mail. First off, it was exactly 3 weeks from when it was sent to the shipping company, to when it arrived. 3 weeks for shipping to Australia is pretty good by my standards. Secondly, kudos to whoever designed the packaging. Much nicer than the Hardy packaging in my opinion. Brown gives it a warmer feel, and makes it feel less surgical, which is what the red and white Hardy packaging felt like to me. The logo is less prominent, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it is still on there, and it allows the "Ubuntu" and the "8.10" be more prominent.

All in all, a great job - and the operating system isn't bad either :wink:

Thoughts?
How about some pictures please? :)

billgoldberg
November 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I said the 14th, but it was the 29th.

It was shipped the week after that.

For some reason I thought 8.10 came out on the 15th.

:p

They should arrive any day now.

Niksko
November 24th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hmmm, gives me a good chance to get my camera working with Intrepid. Expect shortly if I don't get sidetracked or run into any problems :D

-Nik

Vadi
November 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I don't have any good reason to order (600kb/s download speed) so I didn't. I'd be thankful of someone posted pics of the packaging :)

Niksko
November 25th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Fair enough. I downloaded the alternate install, but I order just so that I have a nice looking version as opposed to my burn cd with my messy handwriting on it.

Pics coming as soon as I can get them off of the camera and onto tinyimage

Niksko
November 25th, 2008, 12:42 AM

There we are. Blue carpet and hand not included. Sorry about picture quality.

-Nik

Vadi
November 25th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Yeah, that does look nice.