PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Crypted or something

nnjond
November 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Hi,
I would like to duplicate a dvd but evidently I need to decrypt it. How can I do this?

Thanks.

billgoldberg
November 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Hi,
I would like to duplicate a dvd but evidently I need to decrypt it. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Do you want to copy the dvd as a .iso or do you want to rip the video from the dvd?

If you want to rip the video:

http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/how-to-rip-a-dvd-in-ubuntu-to-avi-the-easy-way/

nnjond
November 24th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for your interest.

I would like to duplicate the disc so as they will both play on my living room dvd player; i understand the size of the files will have to be reduced to fit on a 4.7 disc.

billgoldberg
November 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your interest.

I would like to duplicate the disc so as they will both play on my living room dvd player; i understand the size of the files will have to be reduced to fit on a 4.7 disc.

Ok.

If your dvd player supports divx, you can just rip it and burn the file to dvd as .avi

If just want to copy the entire dvd, with the menu's and everything included, I suggest you install "k3b".

And use the option in k3b "copy to iso".

Then use k3b to burn that iso to dvd.

nnjond
November 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM
My problem is, the dvd seems to be incrypted. as in the copy now on my hd.

billgoldberg
November 24th, 2008, 02:25 PM
My problem is, the dvd seems to be incrypted. as in the copy now on my hd.

Sure it is encrypted, but your dvd player should play it fine.

If you want to play it on your computer, click on the link in my signature called "codecs in ubuntu".

Follow it and you'll be able to play the files on you pc as well.

nnjond
November 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
That codec dl has made know diff to my ability to play mpgs transfered to my hd. They'r hugely pixilated and noisey.