PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cairo dock covered by panel

redmistpete
November 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Hi,

I would like cairo-dock to sit ontop of my panel (task bar *euck) but it gets covered and goes underneath upon startup and then whenever I click on the panel. Is there a way to make it stay ontop of other layers?

I have already 'turned off' the 'keep below other windows' options.

Thanky.

OldGrey
November 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hi, I don't have a straight answer to your question, but have you considered doing without the bottom panel (I am assuming that the dock is at the bottom). You can always reconfigure your top panel to perform the "taskbar" functions.

redmistpete
November 24th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hi, I don't have a straight answer to your question, but have you considered doing without the bottom panel (I am assuming that the dock is at the bottom). You can always reconfigure your top panel to perform the "taskbar" functions.

Thanks but I have two small. black panels across the top and bottom - they are very much part of the 'look' and feel of my desktop. The top is for launchers, notifiers and menus while the bottom is for open tasks and trash-can.

Is there a way to use compiz to put it on a layer above all others?

OldGrey
November 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Is there a way to use compiz to put it on a layer above all others?

I am not aware that there is, but others may know something different.

fabounet
November 24th, 2008, 06:01 PM
maybe cairo-dock --keep-above, but then it's your panel that will be below the dock ^_^
so you should just remove it, or move it, or reduce its size so that the 2 bars don't conflict each other.