PDA

View Full Version : Gmail terminal theme!

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Just found a theme for Gmail. Its a terminal like theme.

Just open gmail (in your web browser), select settings, themes then at the very end of the themes list select terminal.

Cool 8)

meborc
November 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM
it hurts my eyes :) i like the stone theme more

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 12:32 PM
it hurts my eyes :) i like the stone theme more

Keep it real 8)

Eisenwinter
November 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
it's difficult to read, the colours burn.

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM
real nerds use a real terminal.

http://e.imagehost.org/0197/termgmail.jpg

all that spinning cube nonsense has gone to your head, my friend.

notwen
November 24th, 2008, 02:15 PM

hahaha

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Bluddy wmii/closedbox spectrum z80 fanboys/girls :mad:

:lolflag:

Get with the 21st century man!

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Bluddy wmii/closedbox spectrum z80 fanboys/girls :mad:

Get with the 21st century man!

i wear plain, white socks, too.

edit: besides, all you compiz users are melting the rain forest.

Oliver.BS
November 24th, 2008, 02:33 PM

How did you do this ?

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
How did you do this ?

(ok, i'll bite...) opened up elinks and navigated to my gmail account. then, i used scrot to take a screenshot of the terminal (urxvt).

Oliver.BS
November 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Perfect what would be the advantage of using Elinks ? Is it just a quicker way to read a web page without seeing media ?

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Perfect what would be the advantage of using Elinks ? Is it just a quicker way to read a web page without seeing media ?

i can't see my wallpaper through a real browser.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM
i wear plain, white socks, too.

edit: besides, all you compiz users are melting the rain forest.

I know were HOT but i think it would burn first ;)

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Good point. I'm just trying to make XP look as much as Ubuntu as possible, so I am using this theme.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
TBH text based browsers are OK, good if you are in a sticky situation or working on a server but i couldn't use one everyday.

Oliver.BS
November 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
TBH text based browsers are OK, good if you are in a sticky situation or working on a server but i couldn't use one everyday.

I must admit it loaded sites alot quicker I might use it if I want to find some text and not interested in all the other rubbish.

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I have a html blocker on Firefox. Pages load INSTANTLY!

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I have a html blocker on Firefox. Pages load INSTANTLY!

Its not as good as my URL blocker ;)

Oliver.BS
November 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I just have a firewall which is always on lockdown.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Well i just unplugged my modem so t

[tomatz is offline]

Oliver.BS
November 24th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Well i just unplugged my modem so t

[tomatz is offline]

I just threw my pc out of the ............................................

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
no one can rick roll you when you use a text browser.

Oliver.BS
November 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Rick Roll ?

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Rick Roll ?

son, do you live in a cave? i think it's against forum rules, or i'd be delighted to treat you to your first rick roll.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling

Oliver.BS
November 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Oh the music videos lol

Eisenwinter
November 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
This is not a Rick Roll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4)

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 04:20 PM

ASCii Rick roll!

[EDIT]

Clicky chuckaluck (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/rick-rolled-in-ascii/2679912460) :P

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM
ASCii Rick roll!

[EDIT]

Clicky chuckaluck (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/rick-rolled-in-ascii/2679912460) :P

maybe i did something wrong.

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0517/no_roll-hahaha.jpg (http://e.imagehost.org/view/0517/no_roll-hahaha.jpg)

Eisenwinter
November 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
No, it's because it's still being played in flashplayer.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
maybe i did something wrong.

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0517/no_roll-hahaha.jpg (http://e.imagehost.org/view/0517/no_roll-hahaha.jpg)

Cummon, You must have a GUI browser. There is so much of the web you cant use with a text based browser.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 05:12 PM
No, it's because it's still being played in flashplayer.

She's playing dumb ;)

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM
No one has rick rolled me yet. I only heard of it recently. The movie is funneh.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM
No one has rick rolled me yet. I only heard of it recently. The movie is funneh.

It makes me cry :(

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I finally was able to close that other thread. Whew!

lswest
November 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I'm also using the terminal theme, though i might change it again, it was fun for a short time, but now it's just slightly annoying :P

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I finally was able to close that other thread. Whew!

I won!

Phew!

[edit]

Its still "open"?

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I don't know, and I'm not checking.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I don't know, and I'm not checking.

Are you on dialup lol. It would take about an hour to load the page.

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM
It's still open. And opening BTW.
PS: We were banned here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6242788&postcount=4111).

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
It's still open. And opening BTW.
PS: We were banned here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6242788&postcount=4111).

Yeah i crashed Opera posting one of the replys :)

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Well, that's weird.

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I'm [SNIP]ing my posts. It should help. (PS, I have a copy if you want it.)

chucky chuckaluck
November 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Cummon, You must have a GUI browser. There is so much of the web you cant use with a text based browser.

i often have many gui browsers. i mostly use elinks when the nerves in my shoulder go numb.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 06:55 PM
i often have many gui browsers. i mostly use elinks when the nerves in my shoulder go numb.

Yeah that happens when i look at too many photos of.... i mean when i use the mouse too much ;)

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I'm [SNIP]ing my posts. It should help. (PS, I have a copy if you want it.)

Yeah attach it lol :)

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah attach it lol :)
6.8 megs.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
6.8 megs.

jahovahimself at googlemail dot command

:)

mrgnash
November 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM
The terminal theme is definitely awesome, especially if you use a dark theme, The other themes are very impressive too -- I hope that Google develops themes for their other products, such as Reader and Picasa Web as well :)

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 10:59 PM
jahovahimself at googlemail dot command

I don't think so...
Plus I don't think you have the right to that name.

ITAndrew
November 24th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I don't know, always been a fan of the black and white. Green has never appealed to me except in The Matrix.

My Gmail theme is and always will be the default, IMO it retains the most functionality without the eyestrain.

Tomatz
November 24th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I don't think so...
Plus I don't think you have the right to that name.

Well god must think i do if he created and controls me???

You did say:

(PS, I have a copy if you want it.)

BTW its just my spam email nothing serious. Hence the funny (or so i thought) name.

Haven't offended you have i? Again? Tomatz foot in mouth?

lukjad
November 25th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Well god must think i do if he created and controls me???

You did say:

BTW its just my spam email nothing serious. Hence the funny (or so i thought) name.

Haven't offended you have i? Again? Tomatz foot in mouth?
I'll forgive you for the Avatar. I'll see how I can send it to you.

chucky chuckaluck
November 25th, 2008, 03:31 AM
The terminal theme is definitely awesome, especially if you use a dark theme, The other themes are very impressive too -- I hope that Google develops themes for their other products, such as Reader and Picasa Web as well :)

i like the themes. there's a pretty good variety (just as with igoogle), so you can find at least one you can use.

K.Mandla
November 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
How much of it is really useful though? I find that if I use something like elinks, it deftly cuts through the muck and gives me the important information. Like my e-mail, or the news. No banner ads, no flash gizmos, no useless, pretend "Web 2.0" features.

And elinks does tabbed browsing, has mouse support, has a download manager and can trigger an image viewer if I click on an image link. So really, it does most everything a graphical browser does, it just does you the favor of removing all the crap that travels through the Web these days.

MaxIBoy
November 25th, 2008, 04:54 AM

Beat me to it! I had the Links screenshot ready and everything!

chucky chuckaluck
November 25th, 2008, 05:41 AM
george washington used elinks and became the father of our country.

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0762/gw.jpg (http://e.imagehost.org/view/0762/gw.jpg)

Tomatz
November 25th, 2008, 09:42 AM
george washington used elinks and became the father of our country.

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0762/gw.jpg (http://e.imagehost.org/view/0762/gw.jpg)

Dang! Was he quite a large fella?

Tomatz
November 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Beat me to it! I had the Links screenshot ready and everything!

Just about everyone here has a CLI browser installed. I cant anyone here using one all the time, it would be impossiable. Think what you would miss!

Now for the ultimate question:

Why use a CLI browser from a GUI??? Cummon!

lukjad
November 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM
For some reason, whenever I try to log in to UF, I am logged out right away.

Tomatz
November 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
For some reason, whenever I try to log in to UF, I am logged out right away.

Yeah that happend to me. I just deleted all passwords and cookies and it worked again ;)

lukjad
November 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
How is this achieved?

halovivek
November 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM
i tried this one but came back again to original.:guitar:

Tomatz
November 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
How is this achieved?

If your using firefox:

Goto tools, Delete private data...

Then check cookies and passwords (uncheck everything else).

chucky chuckaluck
November 25th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Dang! Was he quite a large fella?

who, washington? he was 6'2", but he seemed much larger to so many.

lukjad
November 25th, 2008, 02:57 PM
If your using firefox:

Goto tools, Delete private data...

Then check cookies and passwords (uncheck everything else).

Oooohhh... I thought you meant to delete in elinks.

Tomatz
November 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Oooohhh... I thought you meant to delete in elinks.

Nah :(

To fix all problems in elinks:

sudo aptitude remove --purge elinks*

Tomatz
November 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
who, washington? he was 6'2", but he seemed much larger to so many.

Pity he was English though...

cong06
December 20th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Just about everyone here has a CLI browser installed. I cant anyone here using one all the time, it would be impossiable. Think what you would miss!

Now for the ultimate question:

Why use a CLI browser from a GUI??? Cummon!

Terminal is awesome though!
I can't believe I didn't ever look up terminal browser before. I'm going to have to start using it instead of firefox. ;)

Kernel Sanders
December 21st, 2008, 12:56 AM

.................................................. ........................................,-~~'''''''~~--,,_
.................................................. ..................................,-~''-,:::::::::::::::::::''-,
.................................................. .............................,~''::::::::',::::::: :::::::::::::|',
.................................................. .............................|::::::,-~'''___''''~~--~''':}
.................................................. .............................'|:::::|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : .................................................. .............................|:::::|: : :-~~---: : : -----: |
.................................................. ............................(_''~-': : : :::o: : : :o: : : .................................................. .............................'''~-,|: : : : : : ~---': : : :,'--
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!
.................................................. .................................|,: : : : : :-~~--: : ::/ --
.................................................. ............................,-''':: :'~,,_: : : : : _,-'
.................................................. ......................__,-';;;;;:''-,: : : :'~---~''/|
.................................................. .............__,-~'';;;;;;/;;;;;;;: :: : :____/: :',__
.................................................. .,-~~~''''_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',. .''-,:|:::::::|. . |;;;;''-,__
................................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;. . .''|::::::::|. .,';;;;;;;;;;''-,
................................................,' ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;. . .:::::,'. ./|;;;;;;;;;;;;;|
.............................................,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',: : |__|. . .|;;;;;;;;;,';;|
...........................................,-";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;;;;;;. . |:::|. . .'',;;;;;;;;|;;/
........................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;. . |::|. . . |;;;;;;;;|/
......................................../;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;; ;;; |..|. . . .|;;;;;;;;|
......................................./;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;'', |.;|. . . . ;;;;;;;|
....................................,~'';;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|. |.;|. . . . .|;;;;;;;|
................................,~'';;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;| |:|. . . . |;;;;;;;|
...............................,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;/;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;| |:|. . . .'|;;',;;;;;|
..............................|;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-';;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;| |:|. . .,';;;;;',;;;;|_
............................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'_;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; |.|:|. . .|;;;;;;;|;;;;|''''~-,
............................/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/_'',;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ,;;| |:|. . ./;;;;;;;;|;;;|;;;;;;|-,,__
........................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'...|;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;| |:|._,-';;;;;;;;;|;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;'''-,_
......................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'....,';;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;|.|:|::::'''~--~'''||;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;,-~''''~--,
......................,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'....../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;|.|:|::::::::::::::|;;;;;',;;;;;;;;;''-,: : : : : :'''~-,:'''~~--,
...................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'......,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;|:|:|::::::::::::::',;;;;;;|_''''~--,,-~---,,___,-~~'''__''~-
..................,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'......../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;|:|:|:::::::::::::::|;;;;;;|.................. ...''-,_''-,''-,''~
................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/.......,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;|:|:|:::::::::::::::|;;;;;|................ .............._''

Mwhahahahahahahahahaah! FAIL! :P

Tomatz
December 21st, 2008, 11:03 AM
.................................................. ........................................,-~~'''''''~~--,,_
.................................................. ..................................,-~''-,:::::::::::::::::::''-,
.................................................. .............................,~''::::::::',::::::: :::::::::::::|',
.................................................. .............................|::::::,-~'''___''''~~--~''':}
.................................................. .............................'|:::::|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : .................................................. .............................|:::::|: : :-~~---: : : -----: |
.................................................. ............................(_''~-': : : :::o: : : :o: : : .................................................. .............................'''~-,|: : : : : : ~---': : : :,'--
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!
.................................................. .................................|,: : : : : :-~~--: : ::/ --
.................................................. ............................,-''':: :'~,,_: : : : : _,-'
.................................................. ......................__,-';;;;;:''-,: : : :'~---~''/|
.................................................. .............__,-~'';;;;;;/;;;;;;;: :: : :____/: :',__
.................................................. .,-~~~''''_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',. .''-,:|:::::::|. . |;;;;''-,__
................................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;. . .''|::::::::|. .,';;;;;;;;;;''-,
................................................,' ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;. . .:::::,'. ./|;;;;;;;;;;;;;|
.............................................,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',: : |__|. . .|;;;;;;;;;,';;|
...........................................,-";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;;;;;;. . |:::|. . .'',;;;;;;;;|;;/
........................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;. . |::|. . . |;;;;;;;;|/
......................................../;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;; ;;; |..|. . . .|;;;;;;;;|
......................................./;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;'', |.;|. . . . ;;;;;;;|
....................................,~'';;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|. |.;|. . . . .|;;;;;;;|
................................,~'';;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;| |:|. . . . |;;;;;;;|
...............................,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;/;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;| |:|. . . .'|;;',;;;;;|
..............................|;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-';;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;| |:|. . .,';;;;;',;;;;|_
............................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'_;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; |.|:|. . .|;;;;;;;|;;;;|''''~-,
............................/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/_'',;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ,;;| |:|. . ./;;;;;;;;|;;;|;;;;;;|-,,__
........................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'...|;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;| |:|._,-';;;;;;;;;|;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;'''-,_
......................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'....,';;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;|.|:|::::'''~--~'''||;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;,-~''''~--,
......................,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'....../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;|.|:|::::::::::::::|;;;;;',;;;;;;;;;''-,: : : : : :'''~-,:'''~~--,
...................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'......,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;|:|:|::::::::::::::',;;;;;;|_''''~--,,-~---,,___,-~~'''__''~-
..................,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'......../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;|:|:|:::::::::::::::|;;;;;;|.................. ...''-,_''-,''-,''~
................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/.......,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;|:|:|:::::::::::::::|;;;;;|................ .............._''

Mwhahahahahahahahahaah! FAIL! :P

That is EVIL :)

I like it!!!