PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help using dvd::rip

Kcrim
November 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
If i use dvd::rip to rip a movie will i be able to use dvd shrink in windows to burn it to a dvd or do i need to do some special thing to it??

is there any other programs that will alow me to rip and use the output stuff on dvd shrink?

nhasian
November 24th, 2008, 10:30 AM
i use DeVeDe to convert avi's to DVDs. it can adjust the filesize to fit onto a DVD5 or DVD9.

also i saw that AcidRip converts DVDs to AVIs.

Lesly
November 24th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Try DVD Video Burner. Using it I write DVD videos from my computer to a DVD disk, which can be played on all home DVD players

bryncoles
November 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
if you just want to create an iso file and burn a new copy of the dvd, then i recommend using k9copy - its interface is so simple that even i can use it, and it will shrink down the size of the dvd to fit on a single layerd disc.

also, apparently, it can copy to mp4 and avi files, though ive never tried that, since vlc can play iso files as if they're normal video files, i just use those!

C.S.Cameron
November 24th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I use DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 then DVD shrink 3.2.
Both seem to work ok under Wine.
Not sure Decrypter is always required

Hallvor
November 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
If i use dvd::rip to rip a movie will i be able to use dvd shrink in windows to burn it to a dvd or do i need to do some special thing to it??

is there any other programs that will alow me to rip and use the output stuff on dvd shrink?

+1 for K9copy. It is a great and extremely simple to use backup tool.

dvd::rip is great if you want to make an xvid, but if all you want to to is make a copy of your own dvds, K9copy is as simple as thay come.

Kcrim
November 29th, 2008, 03:48 AM
thanks alot guys