PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Mysteriously Between Versions

HitokiriMattosai
November 24th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Alright, I've been using Hardy for a few months now, some graphical glitches but for the most part it's been a good experience. So Intrepid rolls around and I figure why not? I ran the kdesudo upgrade thing that's where the problems began. There was an error or something in the download, and I guess it only installed part or something. When the X server boots, it uses all of the kde 4.1 graphics, and my desktop runs with plasma widgets and everything, but I can't use basic programs like adept to check my status and my knetwork manager is still the old version, which I can't modify the manual configuration for.

I've downloaded and burned an alternate install cd, and I want to know how to use the cdupgrade feature, but I have no file associations. What program do I use to run the cdupgrade file?

sonofusion82
November 24th, 2008, 10:32 AM
you should run it with kdesudo:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IntrepidUpgrades/Kubuntu

HitokiriMattosai
November 24th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I got an error screen saying 'command not found!'

I'm not sure if it's because my adept manager isn't working anymore or what.

HitokiriMattosai
November 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Ran the updater this time, but now it gives me an error authenticating some packages. The error occurs whether I try to update from the network or from the cd itself. Looks like the same packages too... Is the problem with my alternate install cd or what?