PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Brother printer, urgent.

Milkium
November 24th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Okay, so my Brother MFC-250c printer isn't scanning. It can print just fine, and of course it can copy, because that requires no interaction with my PC itself.

But when I try to scan something, the status window on the printer says "connecting to PC", and nothing happens. I believe this is because I'm missing some sort of driver.

HELP please, this is urgent. I need to scan some stuff.

-Thanks, Milk.

Milkium
November 24th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Bump

TopEnder
November 24th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Okay, so my Brother MFC-250c printer isn't scanning. It can print just fine, and of course it can copy, because that requires no interaction with my PC itself.

But when I try to scan something, the status window on the printer says "connecting to PC", and nothing happens. I believe this is because I'm missing some sort of driver.

HELP please, this is urgent. I need to scan some stuff.

-Thanks, Milk.

G'Day, Could you advise what you have done and what drivers you install for the scanner side of your MFC-250c so far?

Milkium
November 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM
G'Day, Could you advise what you have done and what drivers you install for the scanner side of your MFC-250c so far?It's a 240c.
And I have done nothing.

TopEnder
November 24th, 2008, 04:34 AM
It's a 240c.
And I have done nothing.

Have a look at the Brother Web page: http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/download_scn.html select the correct Brscan in the correct .deb format ie 32bit or 64bit. I think you need Brscan2 if the MFC is a 240c and not the 250c in yur 1st post) Install both the scanner driver and scan-tool key and follow the Brother instructins for both scanner driver and scan-tool key.
I'l send you a private message as you still may ave problems using the scanner as Milkium as it may point all scanned file to root.

sunnysarah
November 16th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I am having the same problem only the scanning feature was working just yesterday! But now it won't connect to computer.
What can I do??
I have tried turning off and on but that's it.
Still prints fine