PDA

View Full Version : what are you doing

Oliver.BS
November 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
So not many hours until we go to sleep and wake up for another week at work what is every one doing ?

I am waiting Top Gear to come onto the BBC Iplayer does any one know when this is ?

Sealbhach
November 23rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
I finally ditched Windows last week so I'm looking around for a good Linux space adventure game. Been looking at Vendetta Online and X3.

doas777
November 23rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
i'm posting a post on the ubuntu forums, that says "I'm posting a post on the ubunbu forums".

Oliver.BS
November 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
I finally ditched Windows last week so I'm looking around for a good Linux space adventure game. Been looking at Vendetta Online and X3.

I ditched XP last week too I love Linux just getting to grips with the commands just need my new mac and a data storage unit then I am going to make a network carnt wait.

Oliver.BS
November 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
i'm posting a post on the ubuntu forums, that says "I'm posting a post on the ubunbu forums".

:lolflag:

Peronix
November 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Doing coursework which I left to the last minute like usual. :lolflag:

Dr Small
November 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
I was helping some poor soul until I saw this miserable thread.

Tomosaur
November 24th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Getting depressed at how difficult it is to find somewhere to live.

On the other hand, looking forward to pay-day!

Ms_Angel_D
November 24th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Being very bored and sleepy. I'm also a bit cranky because my back won't quit bother me.

jimi_hendrix
November 24th, 2008, 01:03 AM
struggling with SDL and C++ to make it do something until i stop holding down a key...watching the Giants win...then playing Gears of War 2

lukjad
November 24th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Along these lines, I am BUMPing this thread.

I-75
November 24th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Downloading a Alex Jones movie. (He allows downloads of his movies).

Dr Small
November 24th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Downloading a Alex Jones movie. (He allows downloads of his movies).
I love Alex Jones ;)

ice60
November 24th, 2008, 03:28 AM
i was wondering if there's really an afterlife after thinking about dishonest ways to make money. then i came here and saw this thread lol.

zesu
November 24th, 2008, 04:19 AM
:guitar:

ratmandall
November 24th, 2008, 04:45 AM

As you can see he is playing the guitar and I am not.

.:guitar:
Or am I DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

visionaire
November 24th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I was watching Life on Mars

now i'll watch some CSI Las Vegas =)

tiachopvutru
November 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM

The case of your "i" is different. :p

Also, your post goes into an infinite loop because you actually posted more than what you said you posted.

Grant A.
November 24th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Here in the U.S. every student in public schools gets out for a week for Thanksgiving. Have fun at work. :lolflag:

Eisenwinter
November 24th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Listening to Ozric Tentacles, and planning the "stay up all day after staying up all night" thing, for the second day in a row.

I'm trying to reverse my sleeping pattern, yesterday I was unsuccessful, and fell asleep at around 11am :lolflag:

tiachopvutru
November 24th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Here in the U.S. every student in public schools gets out for a week for Thanksgiving. Have fun at work. :lolflag:

Must be your region, because where I live in U.S., we have schools off on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. My cousin living in the neighboring county has half a day off on Wednesday and two full days off after.

Grant A.
November 24th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Must be your region, because where I live in U.S., we have schools off on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. My cousin living in the neighboring county has half a day off on Wednesday and two full days off after.

God bless Texas. :KS

We get 1 week off for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks for Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/New Years, 1 week off for Spring Break, and scattered days off throughout the year.

The only problem is due to this, we have a 2 1/2 month summer, opposed to the standard 3 month summer.

visionaire
November 24th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Listening to Ozric Tentacles, and planning the "stay up all day after staying up all night" thing, for the second day in a row.

I'm trying to reverse my sleeping pattern, yesterday I was unsuccessful, and fell asleep at around 11am :lolflag:

yeah me too, now it's 1:53AM here, i always sleep at dawn, if i have to work in an office or something like that i will have serious time issues =)

tiachopvutru
November 24th, 2008, 06:06 AM
God bless Texas. :KS

We get 1 week off for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks for Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/New Years, 1 week off for Spring Break, and scattered days off throughout the year.

The only problem is due to this, we have a 2 1/2 month summer, opposed to the standard 3 month summer.

Not sure if 3-months summer is even a standard because here we also only have 2-and-1/2-months summer. We have 1 week for Spring Break. This year our Winter Break is 2 weeks, but sometime it wouldn't even be that much.

And aye, back to the topic, currently I'm about to go to sleep. Having been looking at some Python stuffs and learning them but I don't feel like I have been progressing at all.

zmjjmz
November 24th, 2008, 06:11 AM
I'm procrastinating my Scarlet Letter homework.

ice60
November 24th, 2008, 07:25 AM

lol i'm doing that too, i fell asleep at 2pm yesterday and woke at 10.30 pm, i did the same the day before. i'm hoping to stay up till about 8pm today, i'm slowly making my way to normal hours lol.

i've got 3 months to make a successful website, if that doesn't happen i'm going to work with my dad after christmas!

siliconut
November 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
i'm pretending to study.. got a major physics exam tomorrow.. and i'm reading c=blogs like this.. good, productive revision, i'd say..

toupeiro
November 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Giving slashdot a once over before I call it a night...

Bölvağur
November 24th, 2008, 10:55 AM

EVE-online

Im also going to check out vandetta, but over the christmas I'll be sleepless on eve-online trial account :KS

nothingspecial
November 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Listening to Ozric Tentacles

Excellent band!!!!!
All their albums sound the same but live they melt your brain!

Eisenwinter
November 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Excellent band!!!!!
All their albums sound the same but live they melt your brain!
I only have one album of theirs, my friend introduced me to them, I really love them ;p

P.S - it's 1:30pm, and I'm still up. my previous message was sent at around 7:40am.

I'm tired as hell, but if I lay down and close my eyes for even 30 seconds, I'll fall asleep.

nothingspecial
November 24th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I only have one album of theirs, my friend introduced me to them, I really love them ;p

Well if your going to get any more my recommendation would be Sliding Gliding Worlds -
from back in the days when they used to travel the free festival circuit and finance themselves selling cassettes (remember them) of their self recorded music. Similar philosophy to Ubuntu - Anyone could turn up and listen to them play for free but you could contribute if you wanted.

It`s a nice mixture of trippy tracks (Sliding And Gliding/It`s A Hup Ho World), multicultural flavours (Mae Hong Song/The Green Island), Reggae (The Dusty Pouch) and other Ozric Weirdness. Oh yeah and the classic rocker Kick Muck.

I`ve shared a cigarette;) around the campfire with them on a couple of occassions. Really nice guys who cared about what you thought of their music. Of course live their tunes were totally different because every tune is an improvisation around a theme (as are the recorded versions) so you never hear the same thing twice.

There`s no one really similar although you could try Eat Static who are an offshoot of the band but more dance music orientated and completely electronic (I think). And there`s always the mighty Hawkwind but they`re a different thing all together (same difference if you know what I mean)

All this being said, I`ve no idea if they`re any good now or even if they have the same line up. My wife and I are all grown up now and have kids and a mortgage and all that sort of stuff so we can`t just decide to go and watch some bands in a field in Shropshire any time we feel like it, although we do sometimes make planned excursions.