PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [8.10] Change Desktop Font Color

butsam
November 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
How do I change the desktop font color? I saw another post that indicated using the Gnome Configurator but the link was bad, and I didn't see much detail.

I have a background with a lot of white, would prefer black text. It's still readable as listed, but not preferrable.

Seems to me like a good usability idea would be to have the font color and other basic desktop properties accessible from the same menu as the background color? The font color that I want for the desktop items depends on the background color that I am using. Perhaps a future version of gnome and/or ubuntu will provide this? Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

Sam

hictio
November 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Sorry, no answer, but I have to say that I haven't even realised until this thread that it is not possible to change thru the Fonts tab on the Appareance configuration, which seems really strange.

david819
December 1st, 2008, 02:11 AM
I too ran into this problem. Eventually I found Gnome Color Chooser that works fantastically.
http://gnomecc.sourceforge.net/
after installation, open the app(will be in the System-Preferences Menu), then go to the "Desktop" tab, and in the second section put a check mark next to "beautify icon labels", and you can probably figure it out from this point. good luck, hope this works for you. I'm using 8.1 i think, so all should go well.

EDIT: oops, my bad, still using 8.04. Can't guarantee this will work, but I'll cross my fingers for you.

alex777
October 31st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks a lot!

Gnome Color Chooser rules! If you want to change any colors on your Gnome desktop, you should definitely try this program.

Turmoyl
March 3rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Thank you, david819! I had never even thought about this issue before, but my wife chose a light colored painting as her wallpaper, rendering the default font color nearly invisible.

Your guidance worked like a charm. :)

existPierre
March 7th, 2010, 12:06 AM
this is working only on desktop, i need this also in nautilus

thanks