PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wine - mouse in a 3D game is bounded by a rectangle.

kajman
November 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I didn't know how to get this problem right in the title, sorry about that.

When I play Star Trek Legacy under Wine, everything seems fine at first, but then I realize that I can move the mouse as far as I should be able to.

For eg. I can't navigate the map with my mouse fully, only in a little box (as if I was moving my mouse over the desktop - can move it from (0,0) to (1024,768) but not further)

I've read about it in wine bugzilla or something, but i could find a simple solution to this. They said something about software mouse cursor. Is there a way to make the cursor simple enough for opengl to get rid of this problem? Is there any simple solution?

My version of Ubuntu is 8.04, I've downloaded Wine trough Add/Remove programs and it is in ver 1.0. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Scoobie_snack
September 28th, 2009, 03:49 AM
I'm having this same issue in Ghost Recon. The games seems to be fine but the mouse is bound at the menu. I have tinkered with a few settings in WINE and changed the pointer on the desktop but no luck.
I'm running Mint 7 Gloria 64bit (eq to Jaunty).

Any solution to this problem yet?

Also, the cursor from the desktop is somehow stuck in the game too. I have the cursors etc that I should have, plus the white cursor stuck in a random place on the screen.

I know there is a genius out there on these boards who knows the answers :lolflag:

Thanks in advance (again):guitar: