PDA

View Full Version : Steve ballmar Day

fedex1993
November 23rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hmm since we keep having the same theme days almost everyyear i think we should have a celebrity day or a stever ballamar day which would be really awesome. Your opionions?

CholericKoala
November 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
steve jobs day?

wait, who is steve jobs?

pp.
November 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Sorry to be so ignorant, but what's a "stever ballamar"? A band? Some kind of stew? A musical instrument? A festival local to some hip southern island?

CholericKoala
November 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Sorry to be so ignorant, but what's a "stever ballamar"? A band? Some kind of stew? A musical instrument? A festival local to some hip southern island?

CEO of microsoft

pp.
November 23rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
CEO of microsoft

Ah. But then, shouldn't you be calling it tiny$oft or something similarly witty?

YaroMan86
November 23rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Would we celebrate this by throwing chairs and shouting obscenities about the first thing we can think of that we hate and want to kill?

CholericKoala
November 23rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Why would I make fun of Microsoft? Microsoft has been good to me. Windows works perfectly with all my programs very fast and efficiently.

Giant Speck
November 23rd, 2008, 09:20 AM
Ah. But then, shouldn't you be calling it tiny$oft or something similarly witty?

Don't you dare!

pp.
November 23rd, 2008, 09:24 AM
Don't you dare!

I don't even care.

Giant Speck
November 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
I don't even care.

It's not so much the fanboyism of the whole thing. It's the degrading of the English language.

pp.
November 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
It's the degrading of the English language.

English language? "Microsoft"? Greenglish, more likely.

Giant Speck
November 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
English language? "Microsoft"? Greenglish, more likely.

Yes. English. Microsoft is an English-language word. Any word spelled with a dollar sign isn't a word at all.

YaroMan86
November 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Yes. English. Microsoft is an English-language word. Any word spelled with a dollar sign isn't a word at all.

Don't get me started on why this really shouldn't matter. Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft.

so used because Microsoft is a company successful less because it makes good software (It doesn't.) and more because it abused its monopoly. I find the $ to be much more accurate, actually.

Giant Speck
November 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Don't get me started on why this really shouldn't matter. Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft Micro$oft.

so used because Microsoft is a company successful less because it makes good software (It doesn't.) and more because it abused its monopoly. I find the $ to be much more accurate, actually.

If it doesn't matter, why are you defending it?

CholericKoala
November 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM

Most people dont care to hear about others' opinions on microsoft.

YaroMan86
November 23rd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Because I'm feeling contrary tonight. And I also dislike when people do what you did in trying to tell people how to type in a forum.

Let them express themselves. This isn't the best place to be picky.

CholericKoala
November 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
Because I'm feeling contrary tonight. And I also dislike when people do what you did in trying to tell people how to type in a forum.

This is a forum about ubuntu, but microsoft has as much realestate in here as ubuntu. Still dont care to hear about how bad they are.

Giant Speck
November 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM

You are a little contrary, tonight, because you just asked me not to do what you just did. You told me how to type in a forum.

YaroMan86
November 23rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
You are a little contrary, tonight, because you just asked me not to do what you just did. You told me how to type in a forum.

I think an exception can be allowed in the case of someone essentially telling others not to use "improper" words and the like, when in all honestly, it doesn't bother anyone.

Except you, apparently. But judging by your avatar and siggy, I think it's less about being proper and more because you like Microsoft. I wouldn't recommend going onto Slashdot or a lot of other social Linux sites with that, you might get flamed. Then you'll have worse problems than "Micro$oft."

pp.
November 23rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Any word spelled with a dollar sign isn't a word at all.

Oh, alright. If anything containing a dollar sign isn't a word, it can't matter how one spells it. Hurray for migro$oft, then, out of respect for the millions of dollars they rake in every minute of the year.

Perfect Storm
November 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Thread closed.