PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Launch bar major problem

Rising Eagle
November 23rd, 2008, 06:13 AM
Nobody has mentioned anything like this, so I have to request help. I run 64 bit Ibex on my gateway laptop. I was working on organizing my song collection using Picard. The folder of music was located on the desktop and had about 200 artist-album subfolders, each with mp3 songs in them. I have no idea how this happened, but the folder disappeared, leaving me with two problems. Ok, I found it in the trash and dragged it back on to the desktop, but now it is locked. So problem 1 is how to unlock the folder and subfolders quickly without doing a change of owner back to my login name (if in fact the owner has been changed) and reset all the permissions to their original or default settings. At this point, I can't say what the exact situation is because this happened 3 minutes before I had to leave for a weekend at my girls. I'm using her computer right now. Now for the BIG problem, problem 2. The top-of-the-desktop launchbar where firefox, evolution, and office icons are located has been completely overrun with all the subfolders from the music folder, obscuring the icons. The menus to the left are unresponsive. I can shut down and restart, but the launcbar is still unusable and overrun. How do I quickly remove all the entries on the launchbar and delete or recover all the diskfiles and folders. Many of folders prompt an error message when I try to access the folder or file inside it, making them even more useless as quick launch applets. Thank you all in advance for your help.