PDA

View Full Version : It's official -- I have super computer powers!

nerd0795
November 23rd, 2008, 03:44 AM
This may sound strange. You might think that I've been dropped as a baby and had serious brain damage. But I'm serious! I have super powers!

What type of power? Computer power.

It all started when I was younger. Window's ME would not boot. I tried booting it once (or a few times) then it worked! Compared to my parent who tried 500 times!

Then there was another problem. In school a computer couldn't connect to the internet! I touched it once, it worked. Then a keyboard which stops responding every second day. I touched it once, each time then it worked.

Then today, I was on Vista using Blender. I had this strange issue when I start the game engine, it just remains beige (If anyone has a solution please tell me, I'm in vista right now!). I can't see anything. I tried everything but I can't get it to work. So I booted into Ubuntu incase it was a problem between Vista and Blender. When I booted blender up, all of a sudden. I saw the project that I was working on in Blender on vista. For a few seconds even, I saw a vista style Window's border. Then blender crashed. But I restarted the computer!!! How did I access that! I never mounted vista's partition onto Ubuntu, or Ubuntu's onto vista. So how did this happen?!

Then another day, Ubuntu failed to boot saying "There was no kernal" or something like that. I rebooted then it worked... This is caused by either:

A) I'm prone to strange computer issues, and it decides to work after I touch it (but it was none of my doings)

B) I have been gifted super human powers.

C) I must of been dropped as a baby, and had serious brain damage, afflicted on my brain!

What do you think about this?

nerd0795
November 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention. One time I dreamed of player Super Mario 64, one year before it was released.

(I didn't even know it existed!)

ITAndrew
November 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
I must have super VCR powers then too. Fixed a few of them by hitting the top of them, and somehow, they work again!

I would say, most of the time when others think there is a problem, most likely its really not a problem and likely user error.

Also, you can make yourself look like you have super powers by using the "Scotty factor".

The term 'Scotty factor' describes the practice of over-estimating how much time a project will require to complete by multiplying the actual estimate by a particular number. In strict terms it is a factor of four: the number cited by Kirk in the film Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
^^Thanks Wiki!
;-)

nerd0795
November 23rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
I must have super VCR powers then too. Fixed a few of them by hitting the top of them, and somehow, they work again!

I would say, most of the time when others think there is a problem, most likely its really not a problem and likely user error.

Also, you can make yourself look like you have super powers by using the "Scotty factor".

The term 'Scotty factor' describes the practice of over-estimating how much time a project will require to complete by multiplying the actual estimate by a particular number. In strict terms it is a factor of four: the number cited by Kirk in the film Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
^^Thanks Wiki!
;-)

I didn't hit the computers, I really, really lightly, touched them. It actually wasn't working. Like the keyboard, it was plugged in yet cap locks and num lock wouldn't turn on/off.

ITAndrew
November 23rd, 2008, 04:16 AM
Good I really would not recommend hitting computers, they tend to get angry and may possibly take away your super powers.

nerd0795
November 23rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
Good I really would not recommend hitting computers, they tend to get angry and may possibly take away your super powers.

:) People always yell at their computers. Why can't they share their joy to the computer as well. You might hurt it's feelings.

doas777
November 23rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
apt-get --help

"This APT has Super Cow Powers."

Grant A.
November 23rd, 2008, 04:38 AM
My friend sneezed on my Windows computer once, and it detected a virus. :(

(true story)

kevin11951
November 23rd, 2008, 05:17 AM
My friend sneezed on my Windows computer once, and it detected a virus. :(

(true story)