PDA

View Full Version : Can OpenOffice2.0 print to envelopes?

BWF89
December 5th, 2005, 12:15 AM
My mom and grandpap mail out a bunch of Christmas cards every year and I was wondering if theres a way to put all the names and addresses of people into OOo (Windows XP version), insert an envelope into my Canon S520 printer, and have it set to only print on the evelope.

Can I do this? If so how?

ssam
December 5th, 2005, 12:39 AM
i am pretty sure it can, i know it has a load of templates for sticky labels. and now it also has database tools.

google says
http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid39_gci1146815,00.html

BWF89
December 5th, 2005, 01:08 AM
I saw that page before. But before I can even start to do what's on that page I need to make a thing where my dad could open up an address book and put check marks next to the names of the people of the letters he wants OOo to print up. And I'm having bad luck in finding info on how to create an address book database.

And when when I try to do this the manual way and just enter test addresses into OOo's Writer it only lets me put in 2 letters because it only goes in pages formatted to work with regular paper and after that it automatically formats as an evelope style page which the Insert > Evelope > and than the "insert" button doesn't work and let me add a new address to the next page.

](*,)

madddonkey255
August 25th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I realize this is really late but maybe someone will find this useful. If you go to Insert-Envelope you can select the addresses for the addressee and return address from the Evolution database.
Nolan

hanzomon4
August 25th, 2006, 06:03 AM
This is something I think alot of people have problems with.
I had to get it working for my mom, I found it a hard, difficult, hell.
I'm not much of an office person, so maybe that was the problem.