PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need a Zimbra Equivalent for Intrepid

black3ug
November 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I just tried out the new Gmail themes and I like the ninja theme very much. So now I want it as a desktop application, like Zimbra.

I researched and found out Zimbra does not work on Intrepid and they only release it for LTS versions of Ubuntu so that's a no go there. Zimbra is on my 8.04 gateway too and it's not very impressive speed-wise.

I also realize that I can run it on a web browser (Kazehakase for the small footprint, probably) but I'd like some other options.

Does Google Apps have anything for this? Anybody got any suggestions?

evets
December 26th, 2008, 10:59 PM
That's not a great loss. I use Zimbra on Windows, and there's always an issue...or three.

You can post on their so called support forum, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for some real help.

Lostin60's
March 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I just tried out the new Gmail themes and I like the ninja theme very much. So now I want it as a desktop application, like Zimbra.

I researched and found out Zimbra does not work on Intrepid and they only release it for LTS versions of Ubuntu so that's a no go there. Zimbra is on my 8.04 gateway too and it's not very impressive speed-wise.

I also realize that I can run it on a web browser (Kazehakase for the small footprint, probably) but I'd like some other options.

Does Google Apps have anything for this? Anybody got any suggestions?

Zimbra does work on Intrepid.
http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop.html
Click download, on the next page choose Linux.
I use Zimbra, and I love it. Also I believe it is the only client that works with Yahoo, unless you want to do a lot of coding and "sneak in" to yahoo.
aa