PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error in installing ubuntu 8.10 on lenovo 3000 G430

vaibhavcoder
November 22nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Hello Folks,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to post my query here but I am trying .
My problem is very typical, I am using Ubuntu for last 2 yrs now and I am really happy. Just few days back I brought new laptop
Lenovo 3000 G430 series before this also I was using Lenovo but some different series. Now when I am trying to install any of the version of the Ubuntu it is not supporting and stopped after 35% and saying something like this.

"The installer encounter an error copying files to be had
[Error]: Input/output error
This is often due to faulty cd/dvd disks or device or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the cd/dvd, to burn the cd/dvd at lower speed, to clean the cd/dvd device lens, to check whether the hard disk is old (I dont think so this is my new laptop man :) )and need replacement or to move the system to a cooler place.
"
Now that is what I am getting as the error, mind it I have already installed windows XP and did not get any problem at that time.
Please guys if you could help me out then it will be a great help.

THnaks in advance
Noddy

tommcd
November 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
"The installer encounter an error copying files to be had
[Error]: Input/output error
This is often due to faulty cd/dvd disks or device or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the cd/dvd, to burn the cd/dvd at lower speed, to clean the cd/dvd device lens, to check whether the hard disk is old (I dont think so this is my new laptop man :) )and need replacement or to move the system to a cooler place.

Did you verify the md5sums of the downloaded iso file and the install CD that you burned? If you don't know how to do verify md5sums, see this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM
The md5sum check verifies that the downloaded iso and the CD you burn are not corrupted. I would first rule that out before looking into other things. The Lenovo laptops are well supported in linux.
Remember to burn the install CD at the slowest possible speed.

And welcome to the Ubuntu forums!!