PDA

View Full Version : My Website has Ubuntu packages and GNOME Themes, take a looky..

Bandit
December 4th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Hello Everyone,
I just thought I would post that my website http://www.banditshome.net has many packages I compiled my self, like GIMP 2.2.9, Rhythmbox 0.9.2, Gnomebaker 0.5.0 and much more.. I also have a few themes I wrote myself. I am just trying to do my part to contribute to the community. Site is ad free and all I ask is just stop by and sign my guestbook..
Cheers,
Joey

KiwiNZ
December 4th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Nice page , good work

Galoot
December 5th, 2005, 02:53 AM
I like your Sigel OS v1.1 themes. Clean and simple.

etc
December 5th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Nice XMMS skins

varunus
December 5th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Does your rhythmbox package have DAAP support compiled in? The ubuntu backports one does not, but its something I'd really like...

FLeiXiuS
December 5th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Very nice, be sure to let users know who are compiling such projects :-). I'll do my best to spread the word.

Bandit
December 5th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Does your rhythmbox package have DAAP support compiled in? The ubuntu backports one does not, but its something I'd really like...
I can always recompile it to add support for DAAP if you can email me more information. Off the top of my head I am not sure what DAAP is..
I know this time it did not have support for iPod, but next time it will.
I just started building packages this week. I have always compiled most all my apts, but just recently got the webspace to post software.
Thanks for the compliments everyone..
Cheers,
Joey

Bandit
December 6th, 2005, 05:46 PM
F.E.I. :)
I am currently working on the GStreamer 0.10.0 packages and rhythmbox with DAAP and Audioscrobbler support. I should have those uploaded by tonight.
I have plans to make packages for Beep Media Player (BMPx) within the next day or two.
Cheers,
Bandit

raublekick
December 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Your Sigel OS 2.0 looks really nice in that screenshot. Unfortunately it suffers the same as most themes for me... looks good in screenshot, and then I don't like it once I try it out (too bright in this case). There's got to be something out there that I like better than clearlooks and various window borders :???:

Rinzwind
December 6th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Excellent webpage :)

Nice screenshots. I LOVE the ghotic one. It's getting installed now as we speak.

Bandit
December 6th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Your Sigel OS 2.0 looks really nice in that screenshot. Unfortunately it suffers the same as most themes for me... looks good in screenshot, and then I don't like it once I try it out (too bright in this case). There's got to be something out there that I like better than clearlooks and various window borders :???:
It needs something.. I may be totaly reworking it in a few weeks. I have a few concepts on the direction I want to take it in, you might enjoy the next version more..
Currently I am in the middle of working another dark/red theme (now named DIGITAL themes) with my pixmap code. Then a green and possible a pink theme for the ladys will follow.
Then after that I will be working on the 3rd release of the Sigel themes. Which that one I think everyone will go crazy over..

BTW, thanks everyone on the compliments...

Cheers,
Joey

raublekick
December 6th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Sweet, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Black/Red themes are always cool looking as well, but again, as soon as I try them I realize how unusable they are for me. Nothing looks cooler than red panels/window borders with everything else black.

Bandit
December 8th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Hey Everyone,
I just added a forum to my website. Its not to take away from this great forum, I just have a few areas on it to discuss for example the Ubuntu packages I create, and GNOME theme creation.
Cheers,
Bandit

MighMoS
December 8th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Question: would you by anychance also be providing amd64 packages in the future, or does that require way too much work on your part?

If it does, I could do the compiling for you, I would just need the know-how (Gentoo convert, and I'm getting used to dpkg).

Bandit
December 12th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Question: would you by anychance also be providing amd64 packages in the future, or does that require way too much work on your part?

If it does, I could do the compiling for you, I would just need the know-how (Gentoo convert, and I'm getting used to dpkg).

I will be in the future. I am already looking at what CPU, Mobo, case and etc.. I want to buy in the future. The expected time fram for that will be about April of 2006 when I get my tax money. Then you can expect both i6x86 and AMD64 packages from me. I wished I could build it sooner, but thats life :KS
I you would like to assist is helping build packages that would be great.
I have a forum for building packages and themes on my website. Its quite barron at the momment.
But if anyone wants to visit, please stop by.

Also I just uploaded Totem 1.2.1 a few hours ago. It now uses xinelib 1.1.1. Have fun.
Cheers,
Bandit

Bandit
December 19th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Hey Everyone,
My themes page has been updated tonight with many updated themes and one new one "DigitalDark-Red-1.0". Also Totem 1.3.0 has been uploaded and compiled to use Xine 1.1.1 and Nautilus & Mozilla plugin support.
Cheers,
Joey

December 20th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Love the page, great for noobs like me when the compiling is getting too much.

poofyhairguy
December 20th, 2005, 09:53 PM

I would like to know how to recompile 386 debs for AMD64 as well...

Bandit
December 21st, 2005, 07:27 AM
I would like to know how to recompile 386 debs for AMD64 as well...
Ya know. I really dont know how or think you can. Best bet is just compile from source. The only thing about compiling from source is all the development files that I have to retain to make debs.

BTW. I redone my theme page. I have many new themes uploaded.
I finally finished the Red/Black theme (DigitalDark-Red). I am thinking about changing the backgound back to the original one shown in DigitalDark-Blue. It is included as a ALT in the theme file if someone wishes to change it.
Also a few minutes ago I uploaded a new theme. ClearlooksSigel-Blue, its based on Clearlooks (duh!!) but I hated the default colors in clearlooks, so I fixed that and also I redone the framework on the metacity boarders. Looks pretty nice.
Take a looky..
Cheers,
Joey

graabein
December 29th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Nothing looks cooler than red panels/window borders with everything else black.

Well you look pretty cool with an orange bucket on your head :D

Danielle
December 29th, 2005, 09:28 PM
hi, i like your Sigel theme for my media player, i've got it already but i think it's disappeared atm, not sure though :confused: thanks

Bandit
December 30th, 2005, 07:27 AM
hi, i like your Sigel theme for my media player, i've got it already but i think it's disappeared atm, not sure though :confused: thanks
My appologise. I have been redoing the page to make it better.
I re uploading them soon. Until then they can still be fetched off of Gnome-Look.
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=24414

Also, I have great news.
I will be building AMD64 packages soon.
Hopefully by the end of next week all my parts for my new AMD Athlon64 3000+ system will be in.
Bad part is I will no longer be building 32bit packages. My hard drive, video card and dvd burner will be transferd to my new system.
I will however leave the current packages for Breezy on my website until Dapper is released.
Cheers,
Bandit

Bandit
January 6th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Hello Everyone,
I just got my new system built up. You can see my specs on my signature.
Give me a few days and I will start slowly building up a few 64bit packages starting with whats most important. Totem/Xine & Rhythmbox :D
Also if anyone wants to contribute 32bit packages please let me know.
Cheers,
Joey

Bandit
January 15th, 2006, 09:23 AM
:KS Ubuntu 5.10 64bit AMD64 package are posted. :KS
-Rhythmbox 0.9.2
-Totem 1.3.0 w/ Xine-Lib-1.1.1
-XChat 2.6.1
-Gnomebaker 0.5.0
-GIMP 2.2.10

Also Linux Kernel 2.6.15 for AMD64 is uploaded.

Cheers,
Bandit

Bandit
January 15th, 2006, 06:16 PM
BUMP...

Just want to make sure everyone knows.. ;)

Bandit
January 15th, 2006, 06:35 PM
XMMS 1.2.10-20050809 64Bit just uploaded..
Have fun :)

Cheers,
Bandit

lordofkhemenu
March 6th, 2006, 04:33 AM
:KS Ubuntu 5.10 64bit AMD64 package are posted. :KS
-Rhythmbox 0.9.2
-Totem 1.3.0 w/ Xine-Lib-1.1.1
-XChat 2.6.1
-Gnomebaker 0.5.0
-GIMP 2.2.10

Also Linux Kernel 2.6.15 for AMD64 is uploaded.

Cheers,
Bandit No gimp 2.2.10 for 32bit? :(
NM...found it elsewhere... d'oh.

MrDan
March 6th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Very Nice!!

fuscia
March 6th, 2006, 04:49 AM
nice site. nice and straight forward. (i like that red theme. do you use openbox in gnome?) and hey, where are the xmms themes? (someone mentioned xmms themes, didn't they?)

MrDan
March 6th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Dumb question... How do I install the themes that I just downloaded?? I extracted them and now I am stuck. I am but a young padawan in the ways of the force.. er-uh linux.:-k

Bandit
March 6th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Hello Everyone,
I havent updated my website in a while. Kinda holding out for Dapper release soon :)
No real since on me building any packages if they are going to already be included in Dapper next month.
But just wanted to make sure anyone new knows my site is out there.
Cheers,
Joey

Bandit
March 6th, 2006, 05:38 AM
nice site. nice and straight forward. (i like that red theme. do you use openbox in gnome?) and hey, where are the xmms themes? (someone mentioned xmms themes, didn't they?)
I have had Xmms themes on there, but they are on Gnome-look.org.
I only had a few and I am not the best XMMS artist :)
I use Clearlooks, Industrial and pixmap themes.
Cheers,
Joey

Bandit
March 6th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Dumb question... How do I install the themes that I just downloaded?? I extracted them and now I am stuck. I am but a young padawan in the ways of the force.. er-uh linux.:-k
Just drag and drop them onto the theme manager window ;)

Corin-EU
July 18th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Sadly, the website <http://www.banditshome.NET> no longer exists.

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

It is no more.

TyrantWave
July 18th, 2010, 01:15 PM
4 year necro? Really?

Ghil
July 18th, 2010, 01:22 PM
woah. that is some serious necro o_0

K.Mandla
July 18th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Sadly, the website <http://www.banditshome.NET> no longer exists.

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

It is no more.
You bumped a 4-year-old thread to tell us that the target doesn't work any more? What exactly were you expecting?

Thread closed.