PDA

View Full Version : Favorite kind of potato chips...

Crafty Kisses
November 22nd, 2008, 05:02 AM
I like Salt and Vinegar, you?

eternalnewbee
November 22nd, 2008, 05:10 AM
Belgian and Dutch.. Oooops, those are french fries...

Sami_Sdata
November 22nd, 2008, 05:14 AM
Mama Zuma's Green Chile Enchilada by Rt 11 chips. I buy them by the box. If I smell them cooking I just have to eat some.

MaxIBoy
November 22nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Homemade ones are the best. I've had them before, and they are amazing.

Pringles (any flavor) are the second-best.

noremac
November 22nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
The more I think about it, I am not so much a fan of Potato chips.

I am more for tortilla chips, plain. "Restaurant style." Kinda simple, but I always like a good salsa. One of the few things that constantly changes in my shopping basket is the salsa I am getting. I always pick up some "low-end" salsa that I have not yet had when I can, trying to find the best.

Thats my favorite kind if chip anyhow.

-C

Giant Speck
November 22nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
I prefer kettle-cooked chips over the traditional Lays-style potato chip.

I just love crunchy potato chips. I'm not a huge fan of crispy chips, nor am I a fan of Pringles-style chips (which are actually crisps in American terminology, not chips).

With crunchy, thick-sliced potato chips, you don't run the risk of having half a bag of broken, smashed chips. They hold seasonings and flavors well, and are a lot better for dips.

If I was to name a specific favorite brand and flavor, it would be a tie between Kettle Chips Spicy Thai, and Kettle Chips Honey Dijon.

MaxIBoy
November 22nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
Speaking as an American, I've never used the word "crisps" in ordinary conversation. Chips, are chips and fries are fries.

If I were to move to the UK, my habits would change pretty fast.

(By the way, if you've never tried Ruffles, don't. They're disgusting.)

Shazaam
November 22nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
Lays classic FTW.
Betcha can't eat just one. :)

Giant Speck
November 22nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
Speaking as an American, I've never used the word "crisps" in ordinary conversation. Chips, are chips and fries are fries.

If I were to move to the UK, my habits would change pretty fast.

(By the way, if you've never tried Ruffles, don't. They're disgusting.)

Well, Pringles are considered crisps instead of chips because they are not simply made from sliced potatoes like, for example, Lays potato chips. Pringles are made from dehydrated potato flakes that are mixed to together with starch, flour, and seasonings and it then molded into a consistent shape before cooking.

It really has nothing to do with being an American or not, as I am an American, and Pringles are made in America.

OutOfReach
November 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
Nothing beats a good bag of original Ruffles. :)

myusername
November 22nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
golden flake is the all time best. they're only sold in the southeast states though. im not sure about that though

phantomgunex
November 22nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Hmm... i like barbecue, sour cream and onion and hot and spicy for potato chips
But i prefer a bag of sour cream and cheese Ruffles

Swagman
November 22nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
Dorito CRISPS ftw

EdThaSlayer
November 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
"Perfectly salted" is the best I have to say. Can't imagine a world without those. When it comes to other chips, I guess spicy salsa will do the job?:popcorn:

chucky chuckaluck
November 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
+1 for salt&vinegar

tuskenraider
November 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
I like Salt and Vinegar, you?

eeeeew!! salt and vinegar?? thats almost as bad as the sea salt ones... im a BBQ or sour cream and onion kinda person!!

or plain with french onion dip! =P

tusken

Changturkey
November 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Everything but ketchup.

elmer_42
November 22nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
I prefer kettle-cooked chips
Seconded. They're amazing and extremely crunchy.

klange
November 22nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Almost any form of Sun Chips.

e: Kettle cooked are a close second.

twisted_steel
November 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Mmm, Cape Cod Sea Salt & Vinegar.

happysmileman
November 22nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
I like Salt and Vinegar Walkers (There's always one (Joke for the Irish and maybe anywhere else with those ads) :P).

Also like Doritos of any kind.

happysmileman
November 22nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
I like Salt and Vinegar Walkers (There's always one (Joke for the Irish and maybe anywhere else with those ads) :P).

Also like Doritos of any kind.

gn2
November 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli (http://www.britstore.co.uk/p5734/Walkers-Sensations-Thai-Sweet-Chilli-175g/product_info.html) < available worldwide

Swagman
November 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli (http://www.britstore.co.uk/p5734/Walkers-Sensations-Thai-Sweet-Chilli-175g/product_info.html) < available worldwide

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jYvQ9q60g24/R5xaxKGZ52I/AAAAAAAAAGQ/dQNidnaf6iU/s1600/Walkers%2BSensations%2BThai%2BSweet%2BChilli%5B1%5 D.JPG

Yeah.. Agreed

They are pretty tasty crisps.

Sami_Sdata
November 23rd, 2008, 01:22 AM
I prefer kettle-cooked chips over the traditional Lays-style potato chip.

I just love crunchy potato chips. I'm not a huge fan of crispy chips, nor am I a fan of Pringles-style chips (which are actually crisps in American terminology, not chips).

I'm with you there. Until a few weeks back Rt.11 Chips cooked there a couple of blocks from my house. They cook them by hand in large kettles. When the wind blows from the north I can smell them from my house. They had been cooking in the old feed store in town but have had to move to a bigger building a couple of towns south. I'd walk the kids down there on saturdays and watch them cooking chips. The boys would sample everything in sight and I'd have to buy a box of chips to snack on for the week.

Giant Speck
November 23rd, 2008, 01:29 AM
I'm with you there. Until a few weeks back Rt.11 Chips cooked there a couple of blocks from my house. They cook them by hand in large kettles. When the wind blows from the north I can smell them from my house. They had been cooking in the old feed store in town but have had to move to a bigger building a couple of towns south. I'd walk the kids down there on saturdays and watch them cooking chips. The boys would sample everything in sight and I'd have to buy a box of chips to snack on for the week.

I used to do that whenever they'd make Kettle Corn outside our grocery store back home in Iowa. One of those jumbo bags could last a week!

dizee
November 23rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Only fellow Irish will know what I'm talking about, but the answer has to be King Cheese & Onion.

In a sandwich with butter. Seriously.

nerd0795
November 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
Regular (Old Dutch preferably) chips and Philadelphia French Onion dip.

That's the only dip I can have I'm allergic to gluten.

DoktorSeven
November 23rd, 2008, 03:52 AM
I'm with the kettle-cooked bunch. Can't beat em.