PDA

View Full Version : Little rant on THANK YOUS

eternalnewbee
November 22nd, 2008, 04:54 AM
I just want to get this off my chest.
You know, it's always gratifying, when someone thanks you with the Thanks button, but what always annoys me, is signatures in which you are reminded of the fact: Don't forget to thank those whose posts are helpful.
Seeing that someone's problem is solved is satisfaction enough for me. Being thanked is nice, but asking to be thanked... Annoying. I was just about to thank somebody when I saw it and decided to be a rebel.
There! It's out.:wink:

Grant A.
November 22nd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Jesus historically said that if you are doing something for thanks, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Religious, but it's a pretty good statement.

frankleeee
November 22nd, 2008, 05:22 AM
In the end we are all motivated to feed our own needs anyway, altruism is a self serving act.

Therion
November 22nd, 2008, 05:23 AM
I'm glad you feel better.

eternalnewbee
November 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
I'm glad you feel better.
I'm glad you're glad:lol:

eternalnewbee
November 22nd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Ironically I get thanked for ranting on thanks:lolflag:

-grubby
November 22nd, 2008, 05:31 AM
Ironically I get thanked for ranting on thanks:lolflag:

Everytime somebody makes a post ranting about thanks it gets thanked, it's used so much it isn't really funny anymore to me.. same with people saying "I'll post later" in threads and social groups involving procrasination

eternalnewbee
November 22nd, 2008, 05:40 AM
Everytime somebody makes a post ranting about thanks it gets thanked, it's used so much it isn't really funny anymore to me.. same with people saying "I'll post later" in threads and social groups involving procrasination
I've never come across a thread, where they rant about thanks. Thought I was the first.
It was certainly not my intention to post this thread to be thanked. The thought never even crossed my mind. I was actually expecting some negative reactions...

mrgnash
November 22nd, 2008, 07:17 AM
Jesus historically said that if you are doing something for thanks, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Religious, but it's a pretty good statement.

When, where, and to whom?

overdrank
November 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
When, where, and to whom?

Let's stay on topic :)

eternalnewbee
November 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Let's stay on topic
Or I'll have to start a rant thread about hijacking a thread;-)