PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound stutters after upgrade to Intrepid

raccoonone
November 22nd, 2008, 04:34 AM
Since I upgraded to Intrepid I started having problems with my audio stuttering. It happens in Songbird as well as Flash applications in FF, and I'm also having problems with the sound completely dying in Pidgin.
All of the problems are intermittent, but the stuttering in Songbird usually occurs every hour or two I would say.

I'm running the x64 version of Ubuntu, and am using the on-board sound of my ASUS P5B Deluxe

I tried looking for solutions but didn't find anything. Any suggestions?

inobe
November 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
you may be able to locate the packages in synaptic and attempt to update them or reinstall.

i don't know what the ramifications are, you may want to get confirmation first !

raccoonone
November 22nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
which packages? I don't even know what's broken

inobe
November 22nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
you need to use
alsa as the keyword searching in synaptic.

Dan Lyke
February 10th, 2009, 01:10 AM
HP Pavilion dv7-1025nr, when it gets to the login screen I get a repeating stutter on the login sound (which goes on in its bong bong bong way for quite a while).

Done a "sudo apt-get install --reinstall ..." on everything that was installed that came up when I searched for "alsa" in Synaptic, still no joy.

Enough other crap wrong with the Intrepid upgrade that I'm going to wipe and re-install. It's what I had to do with the other laptop, I'm just starting to resign myself to the notion that Ubuntu upgrades don't work.

jervin2
February 13th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I seem to have the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite A105-2081. I noticed it when I was trying to use a SIP Softphone. Totally unusable on this computer. I wonder if I should wipe this partition and go back to an older version of ubuntu. What is the process for getting bugs fixed.

unutbu
February 13th, 2009, 05:16 AM
psyke83's HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578)
has a suggestion for what to do if you are experiencing stuttering. Search for the word "stutter".