PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome Panels HUGE

toasty_ghosty
November 22nd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Hello

I installed E17 and liked it quite a bit but not enough to keep over Gnome. After going back to Gnome my panels are huge. They say there are only 31 pixels but they seem much larger. Is that the normal size and how can I make them smaller? Also, I tried making them smaller but it will not let me.

Thanks for your help.

keithld
November 22nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
Right click on a Panel and look at the "Properties"...

Mine are "default" and set to 24-pixels... To the right of the Pixel size click on the upside down triangle until it says 24 or "Highlight" the number and type in what you want...

toasty_ghosty
November 22nd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Hm. Mine won't let me make them any smaller than 31. If I change it, it goes right back to normal. Any ideas?

keithld
November 22nd, 2008, 03:27 AM
I've only been playing with Ubuntu 8.10/Gnome for about 2-weeks so I am a huge n00b, I'm sure some of the experts here will have an answer for you...

Out of curiosity have you tried a different "Theme" and see what they look like in there then switch back to your old one?... Seems to me it's either using a corrupted preferences file or something E17 did that Gnome just can't change back...

toasty_ghosty
November 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I've been playing with many settings and have found that my font is what is messing it up. Could someone tell me what is the default font and size that Gnome/Ubuntu uses? I cannot remember for the life of me.

Thanks.