PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dvd iso images and totem 2.24.3

Piviul
November 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hi, I've just upgraded ubuntu 8.04 to 8.11 and I have a new little problem. In ubuntu 8.04 double clicking on a dvd iso images totem I was able to see the dvd video on totem, now totem start but doesn't show the video. I have forgotten to install some package? Someone can explain me how totem was able to show the video without mounting the iso image and why now that doesn't work any more?

Thank you very much

Piviul

taurus
November 22nd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Does vlc play that iso video file?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc
vlc filename.iso

Piviul
November 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Yes vlc does, but I have another problem using vlc: in Ubuntu 8.11 I can't use Xv in X window because ati driver doesn't seem to support it. In totem I have disabled Xv from gstreamer properties but seems that vlc doesn't read the gstremer settings so please do you know how can I tell vlc don't use Xv?

Otherwise there is a way to use Xv in a Radeon HD 2400 PRO?

Thank you very much.

Piviul

taurus
November 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Look under Tools -> Preferences -> Video -> Output.

Piviul
November 22nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Thank you very much, now vlc shows the dvd iso images... so there is no way to see them on totem and/or to set up my video card to support use Xv?

Thank you very much

Piviul

mc4man
November 23rd, 2008, 04:26 AM
I don't know about ati, am using nvidia
You might want to try totem-xine and see if you have any luck.

sudo apt-get install totem-xine libxine1-ffmpeg

Then right click on an iso -> open with -> open with other application. Locate and click on Movie Player (Xine)

If it works out then r. click on the .iso again -> properties -> open with and choose Movie Player (Xine). If not there click the 'add' button and you should find it.

As far as totem-gstreamer, dvds, and by extension an .iso, here's a notation from the current totem source that sums it up very well.

# only totem-xine can play DVDs and VCDs satisfactorily (for now)