PDA

View Full Version : Free Dr. Pepper for everyone!*

Giant Speck
November 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM
* In the United States

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081121/ap_on_en_mu/guns_n_roses_dr_pepper;_ylt=AtovKpe7dynguUuqQKwUnR Ws0NUE

LOS ANGELES – Dr Pepper is making good on its promise of free soda now that the release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is a reality.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in America if the album dropped in 2008. "Chinese Democracy," infamously delayed since recording began in 1994, goes on sale Sunday.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's Web site. They'll be honored until Feb. 28.

Dr Pepper is owned by Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.

toupeiro
November 21st, 2008, 10:58 AM
dude...

you dont understand....

I've been waiting for this damn album for fourteen years. I'm a HUGE GNR fan.

That Dr. Pepper is going to taste FRIGGIN GOOD!

*twitch*

EDIT: To the OP, of course being in Texas, yours better be a Dublin Dr. Pepper! ;)

Thelasko
November 21st, 2008, 05:01 PM
This has far bigger ramifications.

Will Duke Nukem Forever be released now?

Will the Cubs win the World Series?

Has hell frozen over?

Will China actually become a Democracy?

bufsabre666
November 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
This has far bigger ramifications.

Will Duke Nukem Forever be released now?

Will the Cubs win the World Series?

Has hell frozen over?

no
no
yes
no

eternalnewbee
November 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
Please. No politics.

markp1989
November 21st, 2008, 05:13 PM
what about the rest of the world :( i want free dr pepper

Giant Speck
November 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM
dude...

you dont understand....

*twitch*

EDIT: To the OP, of course being in Texas, yours better be a Dublin Dr. Pepper! ;)

Oh, God. I so want to try a Dublin Dr. Pepper. I know a place here in town that sells them in the small glass bottles. I need to get a few before I leave Texas next Tuesday.

toupeiro
November 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM
Oh, God. I so want to try a Dublin Dr. Pepper. I know a place here in town that sells them in the small glass bottles. I need to get a few before I leave Texas next Tuesday.

Best Dr. Pepper I ever tasted. My sister used to live in Granbury Texas and I went back to visit her last year. They had those little bottles in a store in downtown Granbury.

I'll settle for the free Dr. Pepper, but if I had the option of getting a Dublin one out here in Cali, I definitely would!

RATM_Owns
November 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
As I remember, everybody except for Slash and Buckethead get a free Dr. Pepper. :P

aut-omatic
November 21st, 2008, 10:41 PM
oooh!!!! I want a free doctor pepper too!!!! ^^ :P

init1
November 22nd, 2008, 12:06 AM
I'll have to try this :D

speedwell68
November 22nd, 2008, 12:31 AM
dude...

you dont understand....

*twitch*

It is hardly Guns N' Roses is it. No Slash, No Duff, No Izzy. I'd accept Matt Sorum instead of Stephen Adler. I could even accept Gilby Clarke. But it is just Axl and a backing band.

Capt. Mac
November 22nd, 2008, 02:13 AM
I'm down for some free Dr Pepper.

toupeiro
November 22nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
It is hardly Guns N' Roses is it. No Slash, No Duff, No Izzy. I'd accept Matt Sorum instead of Stephen Adler. I could even accept Gilby Clarke. But it is just Axl and a backing band.

I knew someone was gonna go there....

No disrespect intended, but honestly who cares who makes the GNR Line up, they are still GNR.. That pretty much goes for any band. Now, if Axl came back and decided to do polka with a new lineup calling themselves Guns N Roses, thats a completely different story, but thats not what he did...

Is metallica any less metallica because Robert Trujillo is on Bass or because Jason Newstead, Dave Mustaine, Ron McGovney, or Cliff Burton are no longer with the band?? have you HEARD (http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses) anything off the album? Its undeniably GNR! Is this really any different than what bands have done since the conception of .. band names?

And for the record, Besides Izzy, Axl was the only founding member still a part of GNR during their peak. Slash, Duff, Steven Adler, Dizzy Reed, Sorum, Clarke ... they were all second, even third generation members. If the headman of a band stays, I.M.O they have the right to call themselves the same name. And in rare cases, such as AC/DC, they still maintain that right if they are just that good at still being who they are. The fans ultimately make that call, not the critics. Not everyone can pull off a lineup change, and the fans will let you know it. Everything I've heard of the new album is definitely GNR grade music. If you don't like that grade, thats fine, but if you do, I dont think you will be disappointed.

The Original GNR linup was:

Axl Rose
Tracii Guns
Izzy Stradlin
Ole Beich
Rob Gardner

toupeiro
November 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Playing the new GNR LP on the hi-fi system and getting my free pepper!

Great album!