PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse freezes

Axel-P
November 21st, 2008, 03:42 AM
Unhappy Cant make Eclipse 3.2 work correctly
Hi!

I have a very big problem with Eclipse 3.2, each time i ask him to run one of my .java programs it freezes, i mean the little window created by Eclipse not Eclipse itself. Eclipse works fine its only that the little window (lets say a .showInputDialog kind of window) that freezes and i can only close it by closing Eclipse. I have tried many thing arround the forum and it stills not working.

This is my Java version:

java version "1.6.0_10"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_10-b33)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 11.0-b15, mixed mode)

And I modified /etc/eclipse/java_home so now it points to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

Thanks

Wolki
November 21st, 2008, 04:15 AM
Do you really need 3.2? I had problems with that version, 3.3 worked much better, and even 3.4 seems stable enough to be used by now - I started running it a few weeks ago with no problems so far.

Axel-P
November 21st, 2008, 04:32 AM
I'll try to redownload, but apt-get got me the 3,2 ant the update always tell me that i have the latest version, i though i couldn't get the latest one.

DirtDawg
November 21st, 2008, 04:43 AM
Try running Eclipse via the terminal. When it crashes, you will probably get an error message that may tell you what the problem is, or maybe you can post here for someone else to look at.

Axel-P
November 21st, 2008, 04:55 AM
Well it doesnt really prompt any error message at all, probrably beacuse eclipse doesnt freezes only the window eclipse prompts. By now im trying to installa 3.4 to see if the problem stills there

slavik
November 21st, 2008, 04:56 AM
I would also suggest trying sun's 1.6 jvm ... I've had issues using gcj. Please remember about update-alternatives.

Axel-P
November 21st, 2008, 05:20 AM
I did update alternatives and it didn't really help. By now i have eclipse 3.4 but the problem is that when i ran my .java this is prompted:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.90)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj .so.90)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.90)

I'm not used to Eclipse, so i don't know if its the same error than before or if its something wrong with my .java

DirtDawg
November 21st, 2008, 06:48 AM
I did update alternatives and it didn't really help. By now i have eclipse 3.4 but the problem is that when i ran my .java this is prompted:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.90)
at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj .so.90)

I'm not used to Eclipse, so i don't know if its the same error than before or if its something wrong with my .java
There is a package called 'eclipse-gcj' in the repositories. Maybe you need to install that (if you haven't already)?

jespdj
November 21st, 2008, 10:45 AM

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./],
You said you did update-alternatives, but you are still using GNU Java (so you didn't to that correctly). Install Sun Java 6:

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
And then do this to make it the default Java used on your system:

sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun