PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Transparent panel background not in sync with wallpaper

dhruvraj
November 21st, 2008, 02:20 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1ET91FUb8eg/SSYMHyphbzI/AAAAAAAAAmA/4icrFAq90sM/s1600-h/Screenshot-1.png

Hi

I had really cool look on my desktop with transparent panels (gnome panels 2.22) but after the recent software upgrade they have gone awry.

They are still transparent but now the desktop image wallpaper is not in sync with the panels and the panels show some other part of the image and totally screw the look. (Both the top and bottom panels are off sync with wallpaper now)

It feels bad to work on something like this especially when I was all set earlier.

Here is the screenshot , someone please help me out here - I've tried many things but to no avail. (Bottom panel may not look off sync in this image but it really is. Both top and bottom panels are off sync)

URL of image : http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1ET91FUb8eg/SSYMHyphbzI/AAAAAAAAAmA/4icrFAq90sM/s1600-h/Screenshot-1.png

thanks in advance

DS

prshah
November 21st, 2008, 02:48 AM
I had really cool look on my desktop with transparent panels (gnome panels 2.22) but after the recent software upgrade they have gone awry.

Are you sure you've set Transparency? Looks to me like you've set a Pattern.. here's how to confirm:

Right click an empty area in the panel, then choose "Panel properties", then "Background", then make sure "Solid Color" is checked, and not "Background Image".

You can then set the transparency as you want with the "Solid Color" slider bar.

dhruvraj
November 21st, 2008, 03:02 AM
Are you sure you've set Transparency? Looks to me like you've set a Pattern.. here's how to confirm:

Right click an empty area in the panel, then choose "Panel properties", then "Background", then make sure "Solid Color" is checked, and not "Background Image".

You can then set the transparency as you want with the "Solid Color" slider bar.

Dude, Yes I have that checked alright - it is solid color with full transparency.

Flynn555
November 21st, 2008, 03:06 AM
are you sure the image isnt like that naturally? lol