PDA

View Full Version : Dead group?

silverglade00
November 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Is the Arkansas Team still functional? I just signed up all ready to get things going, but there is no activity anywhere. IRC, mailing list, this forum... all silent. Did I just catch it at a bad time?

Tommy
December 9th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Is the Arkansas Team still functional? I just signed up all ready to get things going, but there is no activity anywhere. IRC, mailing list, this forum... all silent. Did I just catch it at a bad time?

We're not dead yet! Some of us just move VERY slowly....

silverglade00
December 10th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Heh heh, well I knew Arkansas was laid back compared to my home state of California, but I wasn't expecting THIS! Nice to meetcha Tommy.

OldDirtyTurtle
December 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yep. We're around.

I'm relatively new to all this. Good to meet you. ):P

Cloudy
January 5th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I'm still kicking around as well. I just tend to lurk.. bad habits die hard and all.

Gene_s
March 2nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
I am in Little Rock. Using Ausu eeeP. And 10.04. But need local
Tech help!

Gene

Drate
March 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I am once again alive! I am also in Little Rock. I'm thinking 11.04 release party at my place. It's an apartment but it's nice, right by the river. I should be able to secure the use of the common room... maybe...

Anyhow! Let me know what you think!

Also, someone was needing tech help?

Tommy
March 10th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I am in Little Rock. Using Ausu eeeP. And 10.04. But need local
Tech help!

Gene

Howdy -- have you posted your problem(s) in any of the forums? Maybe we can help... I used to have an ASUS eeePC 900, and I used it for a couple of years (wore out a Patriot SSD upgrade, too, which they replaced). I installed 10.04 Netbook Edition on it before I gave it away a few months ago, but I might remember some stuff.

If you haven't posted your question somewhere else go ahead and create a NEW thread, preferably in the Hardware & Laptop forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=332) and link it here.

If you post the question here MAYBE we can suggest something, but as you can tell this particular forum isn't the place for QUICK responses. :-\"

Tommy
March 10th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I am also in Little Rock. I'm thinking 11.04 release party at my place. It's an apartment but it's nice, right by the river. I should be able to secure the use of the common room... maybe...

A release party would be fun. If you decide to give it a go, you might also want to announce it on all the local lists and groups...

I think http://www.arkansasgeekcentral.com/ has most of the local computer groups listed, so you might want to promote any release party among all the linux groups. Maybe even if they are far away; maybe we can have some virtual participation, too.

Drate
March 13th, 2011, 01:53 AM
not a bad plan!

lindsay7
March 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I am just sitting here too.

startrekker
March 23rd, 2011, 02:38 AM
I'm here.

Drate
March 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Did anybody notice the NEW THREAD!!!! This one is sorta depressing. Come on, you know you're watching! Join in some discussion! Start a discussion! What's it like being a Linux user in Arkansas? What's it like STILL trying to convince people that Linux isn't just for "programmers"? Are there any sportsfans here? Arkansas just had kind of a big deal in sports I understand. Also: What can we do as a group? A Project?

Niedzwiedz
March 29th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Did anybody notice the NEW THREAD!!!! This one is sorta depressing. Also: What can we do as a group? A Project?

As Tommy mentioned back in December 2008, some of us move slow. Back when I was younger, my friends and me were out shooting pool and met some women and got talking. Later one of my friends would say; "man, that girl was trying to get you to go home with her"! Hummm, so, guess I am slow in other ways too! :rolleyes:

This the new thread? :P
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1705782

I did notice a few days ago, so, I go there and answer some questions from here and see if we can get the new thread frying fish (cooking)\\:D/ !