PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] dreaded 139 error

rickyble
November 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I have searched and tried several fixes with no luck for the update manager problem that seems to be plaging hardy. I had the update manager run and it update some packages and then ended with 23 still needing to be updated. I have tried all the fixes I can find that seem appropriate but it seems to be circular. I always end up right back to the dreaded segment fault 139 error. It seems to be these packages and I cant fix them manaully

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/python-libxml2_2.6.31.dfsg-2ubuntu1.3_i386.deb: subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 139
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/rhythmbox_0.11.5-0ubuntu6_i386.deb: subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 139

I am thinking if I could somehow get these fixed maybe all would be back to normal. I can still work but some things are very flaky now like the file viewer firefox etc. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

rickyble
November 21st, 2008, 11:41 AM
bump anyone at all...please help?

rickyble
November 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Is there something I am missing? Help? Well it would appear as I search farther and farther for this riddle that we have seen the enemy and it is us

Edited: Finally got it thanks to all for the input!