PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Sound

schnoodles
November 20th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Hello, a few days ago i formatted my computer and reinstalled 8.10 onto it, and ive found a few wierd things have happened.

1. My sound doesnt appear to come out as loud as it used to and watching movies i struggle to listen to it sometimes.

2. With skype when i try to call someone i get 'Problem with Audio Playback'

3. I have a video camera which doesnt seem to work in any programs like cheese and im not sure what to do.

When i was running 7.04 - 7.10 - 8.04 the first 2 always worked and its only since going to 8.10 they have decided to not work,

3. never worked but i was wondering if i can get help with that aswell.

If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be id be obliged to recieve any help :D

niceguy123
November 20th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 seem to have a conflict between skype and VLC/youtube
if I run anything with sound I lose the ability to talk on skype.

schnoodles
November 20th, 2008, 11:58 PM
The problem with me is, skype wont even connect to chat because of the audio playback. has anyone run into any of these problems ?

schnoodles
November 21st, 2008, 01:14 AM
OK I managed to get my sound louder, playig with the pulseaudio settings but i still cant get my mic or web cam working.

Webcam never worked but mic always worked and only since 8.10 that it broke. Anyone know what things i could try ?

schnoodles
November 24th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Has anyone else run into this problem at all?

psyke83
November 24th, 2008, 06:41 PM
You need to configure PulseAudio properly: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

Skype also needs to be configured to used PulseAudio as well. It's all in the guide.