PDA

View Full Version : Windows... The bully of OS's.

MysticEdge
November 20th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Just a random gripe about windows.

I have a Zune, and as I'm a fairly new user to Linux, I haven't been able to divine the ways to successfully emulate the software in Ubuntu, thus making a dual-boot painfully necessary.

However, windows, the dirty rat, has been monopolizing my boot sequence.

Perhaps its the weirdo version I bought here in Thailand. But I tried installing on a seperate partition, same partition, and it keeps bullying its way into thinking it's the only OS on my harddrive. And when it's on a different partition, it renamed that partition to C:\ of its own volition. Swear to god.

Furthermore! It refused to even acknowledge the other 50 gig partition that has Ubuntu installed on it.

Ah, you poor deluded little OS, windows... You are so blind sometimes.

Anyhow. I'm not looking to solve this, as its just too weird, and I'm happy with the current set of music on my Zune anyways, I'll cross that cybnetic bridge when I absolutely have to. Just thought the experience would make a slightly amusing anecdote to share with my fellow Linux users.

*grumbles*

Maybe if I change to Gentoo it'll be a beefy enough Linux OS to contend with Windows, as Ubuntu is a more, hmmmm, how to put this as lovingly as possible.... Well it's more of a streamlined version of Linux... Yes, maybe Ubuntu's big brother's can take on the local electronic bully OS in my neighborhood.

Who knows!

zmjjmz
November 20th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Well, Windows is designed to think like that.
As far as it's concerned, it's installed on C:
All other partitions != C:

Anyways, GRUB should be taking care of booting.

As for the Zune, I just have no clue. I know one person who has and likes a Zune.