PDA

View Full Version : Pidgin has a mind of its own

deadlySniper
November 19th, 2008, 11:44 PM
For the past week and 5 days now, pidgin has been posting, sending, and shutting down all by it self. I have reloaded it 4 times and would work for a day or 2 and then go back to its own mind again. In my opinion, I think it might be a update or something

Polygon
November 20th, 2008, 12:00 AM
try reinstalling, and or deleting its config file. be sure to back up any logs if you want to save them before doing that though.

deadlySniper
November 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM
i have done everything, I deleted anything related to pidgn

Eisenwinter
November 20th, 2008, 12:32 AM
For me, it's like, Pidgin always tells me "message may have not been delivered due to X reason", yet the other person says it HAS been delivered properly.

Also: whenever I log in to MSN through Pidgin, it says "Unable to add user", in a pop up window.
Eh? what the hell man? why is that?

Riffer
November 20th, 2008, 02:49 AM
I've had that problem and never could find a solution. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Polygon
November 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
msn just sucks in general. I only get those problems (could not send message due to error in switchboard, random disconnects for no reason, many other problems) only with msn. I even get it with other clients including the offical microsoft one. So...its not just you.

notwen
November 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Which ever version of Pidgin is currently up-to-date in Hardy's repos is still pretty buggy for me. It constantly freezes and closes randomly. I only use the AIM and MSN protocols if it matters. =]