PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Windows XP driver help

darkreaver723
December 4th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Hello. I bought a webcam and don't have the installation disk so i can download the drivers. The camera is a WordTec PC Camera and it's an SoC PC-Camera with the CIF Single Chip. The file needed is the pfc027.sys. I can't even find the manufacturer. Also the name of the installation disc is SoC PC-Camera Installation disc. If anyone knows where I could download this at or find a copy or anything it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Iandefor
December 4th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Hi. The file you're asking after is a Windows driver; it isn't going to work in Linux. From the information given, I can't find any information on that camera. All I can tell you is that you need a different driver than what that CD came with.

darkreaver723
December 4th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Thank you for the reply but I am not running linux. I am running Windows XP. and yes i have the same outcome. haven't found anything on the cam.

towsonu2003
December 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Thank you for the reply but I am not running linux. I am running Windows XP.
edit/whatever-

linbetwin
December 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM
If they sold you the camera without Windows drivers, why did you buy it?

KiwiNZ
December 4th, 2005, 10:02 AM
:confused: :confused:
this is a forum for ubuntu linux users who need help with their system... not for windows users who need their drivers??? It would be very kind not to waste users' time on windows issues they're not interested. Iandefor could have allocated her/his time that s/he spent googling for you on solving someone else's problem...

:mad:

Lets keep it friendly please

bjweeks
December 4th, 2005, 10:24 AM
this is a forum for ubuntu linux users who need help with their system... not for windows users who need their drivers??? It would be very kind not to waste users' time on windows issues they're not interested. Iandefor could have allocated her/his time that s/he spent googling for you on solving someone else's problem...

:mad:
Note this post was in Community Chat not a help forum and you also could have allocated you time to helping people instead of makeing that post.

towsonu2003
December 4th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Note this post was in Community Chat not a help forum and you also could have allocated you time to helping people instead of makeing that post.

edit/nevermind-------

huh?
December 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
the subject line told you what he was looking for....now, I understand he's in the wrong forum looking for windows help, but on the other hand, some one might know
where he can find the information he's seeking...no need to be rude...

Vlammetje
December 4th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Hi there,

I think it could be a Pixart camera?

Ironically, the first (and only) drivers that pop up are linux drivers :p

When you just plug it in, does Windows detect it?

And just out of curiosity, did you sign on to a linux forum specifically to ask this question?? Because for windows related stuff.... aside from the falming you might generate from hard core linux users, you'd have a better change at succeeding at a place where people are likely to be more 'into Windows' in the first place. Like experts-exchange (http://www.experts-exchange.com/) for example.
Not trying to scare you away, I just think you'd have a better chance of succeeding at rare windows issues amongst windows oriented people :)

darkreaver723
December 4th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Hi there,

I think it could be a Pixart camera?

Ironically, the first (and only) drivers that pop up are linux drivers :p

When you just plug it in, does Windows detect it?

And just out of curiosity, did you sign on to a linux forum specifically to ask this question?? Because for windows related stuff.... aside from the falming you might generate from hard core linux users, you'd have a better change at succeeding at a place where people are likely to be more 'into Windows' in the first place. Like experts-exchange (http://www.experts-exchange.com/) for example.
Not trying to scare you away, I just think you'd have a better chance of succeeding at rare windows issues amongst windows oriented people :)

Yes Windows recognizes it, it shows up new hardware..CIF single Chip and then SoC PC-Camera. Then it goes about installing it til it comes to the point where it asks to insert the installation disk with the file pfc0027.sys. Aside from this reply. I bought the camera because usually windows xp will automatically install a driver for it but in this case i guess it doens't have anything on it and needs a specific one.

junior aspirin
December 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM
i know your pain, i spent 1/2 hour trying to install a mouse on win xp this afternoon. its made me realise how easy install new hardware on linux, well providing it is supported. on xp ypu need to hunt the driver down ether from disk or the manufactures website. that is the only thing i can sugest, hut around on thier website, they are normaly there for download....

Iandefor
December 4th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Do you have the Windows XP install disk? That driver name sounds just vague enough that it might be hiding on the installation disk somewhere. My suggestion would be to look around for it on the disk.

Danielle
December 5th, 2005, 12:54 AM
hi, if it's a generic driver you could try Windows Update. or there's a driver cache somewhere in system32 and there are loads of backup drivers zipped, or in a .cab, in a folder called i386 in system32.

AllenGG
December 5th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Here's a wild suggestion !
Use a LIVE CD , 5.10 works wonderfully well !
Plug your camera or what ever it is to your computer before starting 5.10 LIVE :p

Arktis
December 5th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I find this whole topic insulting.

I searched driverguide for a suitable driver and came up with nothing. I used clusty and google and still nothing.

I suggest examining your newly purchased device for a serial number. Or ANY piece of similar information that could help identify it.

newbie2
December 5th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Hello. I bought a webcam and don't have the installation disk so i can download the drivers. The camera is a WordTec PC Camera and it's an SoC PC-Camera with the CIF Single Chip. The file needed is the pfc027.sys. I can't even find the manufacturer. Also the name of the installation disc is SoC PC-Camera Installation disc. If anyone knows where I could download this at or find a copy or anything it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
if i google on the word 'pfc027.sys' i came to this :

support.proline.lv/ftp/drivers/WEBCAM/qtec/Driver/WinXP/Pfc027.inf -
in this sentence i see : qtec
if i then google on qtec i come to this 4 camera's ... with driver download-->
http://www.qtec.info/products/group.htm?pc=SOUND-VISION

maybe one of those drivers could help? :)

Iandefor
December 5th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Here's a wild suggestion !
Use a LIVE CD , 5.10 works wonderfully well !
Plug your camera or what ever it is to your computer before starting 5.10 LIVE :p

Be nice. Don't shout so much.

mhancoc7
December 5th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Let me first say that I was a little bit confused by this request. I mean this is a Linux forum. If it were me I would have gone to a ******* site to get ******* drivers.

However, I see nothing wrong with the request. I don't personally like *******, but I like the idea of freedom of choice when it comes to software. When I want to run a program and it only works in ******* then I use win4lin. If I wanted to dual boot then that is my prerogative. My point is we can't preach about freedom and then condemn someone for making a choice that we don't necessarily agree with.

Now to the point. I think I found what you are looking for. I found it using www.driversguide.com. I had forgotten that I had joined the site when I was looking for a ******* driver for my wireless adapter that I needed so I could use ndiswrapper.

I have attached the zip file. It contains the drivers for ******* 98, ME, and XP. I hope this helps. I also hope the none of the posts have discouraged you from browsing this forum or using Linux.

Let us know if you get it going.

God Bless, Jereme :)

mhancoc7
December 5th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Let me first say that I was a little bit confused by this request. I mean this is a Linux forum. If it were me I would have gone to a ******* site to get ******* drivers.

However, I see nothing wrong with the request. I don't personally like *******, but I like the idea of freedom of choice when it comes to software. When I want to run a program and it only works in ******* then I use win4lin. If I wanted to dual boot then that is my prerogative. My point is we can't preach about freedom and then condemn someone for making a choice that we don't necessarily agree with.

Now to the point. I think I found what you are looking for. I found it using www.driversguide.com. I had forgotten that I had joined the site when I was looking for a ******* driver for my wireless adapter that I needed so I could use ndiswrapper.

I have attached the zip file. It contains the drivers for ******* 98, ME, and XP. I hope this helps. I also hope the none of the posts have discouraged you from browsing this forum or using Linux.

darkreaver723
December 5th, 2005, 01:14 PM

Thank you jereme, I am making progress. I got the pfc027.sys file but the other files with that zip didn't match up what was needed for this one. Although I know what the file names are. DSUI.ax VRWUI.dll TWAINUI.ds and TWAINUI.ini Do you know of any sites i can search to just download files? once I get these other four, I think I will be good to go. Again thanks for all the help and getting the ball rolling

mhancoc7
December 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM
No problem. I am glad that I could help. I did a search at www.driversguide.com and did not find any of the files that you mentioned. I am not sure of any other sites. I know that there are a lot of dll sites, but I did a quick google and did not find the dll that you mentioned.

I hope you get it working. Be sure to let us know about your progress.

Oh yeah, sorry about the double posts, I am not really sure how that happened.

God Bless, Jereme