PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127

ulver
November 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Hi, I cant install anything right now because of this error (open office installation was not completed)

Removing openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us.postrm: 6: update-openoffice-dicts: not found
dpkg: error processing openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I tried purge with apt-get / aptitude none of it did help, any ideas?

ulver
November 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
*bump*

ulver
November 27th, 2008, 11:13 PM
The problem fixed itself somehow :s

suffice
November 28th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I still get this subprocess error everytime i do an update or install...its really tickin me....though things still seem to work...any idea what you did?

Floft
January 13th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I just encountered the same problem. I'm not an expert or anything, but I did successfully fix the problem. This is how I did it (in a terminal...):

sudo aptitude install dictionaries-common
sudo apt-get remove openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us

afotey
January 18th, 2009, 09:46 AM
thanks i also had the same problem. but now it's fixed.

Baboontu
April 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Please Help
I want to upgrade to jaunty from intrepid but I can't even install a single package
I get :" /var/lib/dpkg/info/openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us.postrm: 6: update-openoffice-dicts: not found".
I tried the solutions offered above but to no avail.:(
Thanks

Floft
April 24th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Do either of these work?

OR

sudo apt-get install dictionaries-common

Baboontu
April 26th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Do either of these work?

OR

sudo apt-get install dictionaries-common

I had to edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us.postrm and give it "exit 0" value and then do what you advised me.

scouser73
May 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I just encountered the same problem. I'm not an expert or anything, but I did successfully fix the problem. This is how I did it (in a terminal...):

Thanks for the tip, it's now sorted the problem, much appreciated.

_khAttAm_
August 13th, 2009, 04:35 AM
I got into this problem and solved it. But I was in search for something generic. And managed to do it by editing /var/lib/dpkg/status. I think it works for any packages. I have written it in my blog:
http://www.khattam.info/2009/08/04/solved-subprocess-pre-removal-script-returned-error-exit-status-2-error/

Lockheed
August 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I had to edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us.postrm and give it "exit 0" value and then do what you advised me.

How exactly do you do that? I tried all other listed methods but it didn't help.

Lockheed
August 29th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I got into this problem and solved it. But I was in search for something generic. And managed to do it by editing /var/lib/dpkg/status. I think it works for any packages. I have written it in my blog:
http://www.khattam.info/2009/08/04/solved-subprocess-pre-removal-script-returned-error-exit-status-2-error/
This one worked for me. Thanks!

vckeating
September 3rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
How exactly do you do that? I tried all other listed methods but it didn't help.

I'm also interested in how this works. Can you describe for us non-programmers what you did?

vckeating
September 3rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
After looking around a little more, I found that the instructions from this page fixed the problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openoffice/+bug/274556

- V