PDA

View Full Version : noob looking for ubuntu buddies

tmapj
November 19th, 2008, 07:15 AM
im a semi-noob looking for someone who i could learn from. I live in Hartford. Anyone available online or in person would be great!

slinkey1981
November 19th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Internet and Google are always your friends. You can add me to whatever I have listed in my profile and if you get stuck, I can try to help.

Welcome to Ubuntu and Linux.

fooman
November 19th, 2008, 09:04 PM
hello from fairfield...always good to see new faces from CT! :smile:

Dragonbite
November 20th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Sorry didn't respond sooner. I'm outside Waterbury but work in Hartford (Columbus Blvd).

Another resources is the Danbury Area Computer Society http://www.dacs.org and the Linux Special Interest Group (SIG) which meets once per month.

I know Danbury is a hike, though, but I'm the SIG leader and any questions you have can be brought up and hashed out there or even bring your computer along.

There is also a the Southern Connecticut Open Source User Group http://www.scosug.org which may be closer.

connsmith
November 22nd, 2008, 04:21 AM
Howdy folks, new to Ubuntu, went to SUSE 10 boot camp.... in sunny florida and after 1000 bucks did not complete the SUSE cert (everyone including the reps from HP special services failed LOL!)

Anyway I own my own computer services company and am looking at SUSE and Ubuntu as they seem the biggest grwoth Distos out there now.... anyone out of eastern CT?

asmiller-ke6seh
December 4th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Farmingdale (corner of Farmington/New Britain, near West Hartford) here.

I am always available for an Ubuntu Evangalistic Event (U.E.E.) in Central Connecticut.

I am also looking for people who want to work on preparing a presentation to make before local Board of Education to propose making Open Source Software the standard - except for applications that are not available as O.S.S. (and there's not much 0f that).

Interested? you can IM me or email me through the Forums.

Seth