PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] [SOLVED] Nvidia TNT2 Problem

adrian007
November 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Hello all. I have installed the Nvidia-glx-legacy package and restarted my PC but the resolution was awfull. I only got 800x600 (i cant get higer in display settings). ussualy i get 1024x768.

Without the restricted driver installed i get 1024x768 but the screen is sliglty ofset to the right. I tried using my monitor menu and AUTO Ajust button but it does not do anything.

Basicly with the nvidia driver installed i get wrong resolution but the screen in centerd and when i dont use it i get correct resolution but the screen is ofset.

This is really anoying:confused: and i cant figure out how to fix it.

All i need is to have the resolution at 1024x768 and the screen centered. 3D is not a big deal for me so i am not to worried about that

Thanks for any help.

P.S In the hardware drivers windows it lists the nvidia driver which is enembled but it says -not in use-.

I am using XUbunu 8.04

cariboo
November 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM
You can manually adjust vetical and horizontal height as wel as centering. I've found that sometimes the auto adjust button, just doesn't do it.

Jim

adrian007
November 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
You can manually adjust vetical and horizontal height as wel as centering. I've found that sometimes the auto adjust button, just doesn't do it.

Jim

I know but in my monitor menu it says that Horizonatl position is at the minimum (1%) and the only direction i can move it is to the right. But this is useles when the gap is on the left.

adrian007
November 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Never Mind.

I solved it.

Just needed to change refreshrate to 60Hz and then use auto ajust and now it works fine.:):):)