PDA

View Full Version : Webinterface for Ubuntu repositories?

zeroK
January 2nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
Is there a listing comparable to packages.gentoo.org for Ubuntu? IMO it would be quite nice for example to see what packages have been released today for example in hoary/universe :-)

charleyramm
January 3rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
So far as i can tell, no. Best i came up with was
apt-cache dump | grep Package: > output.txt

or taking a look in synaptic. Web interface shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows their stuff though. How about it, devs?

zeroK
January 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
So far as i can tell, no. Best i came up with was
apt-cache dump | grep Package: > output.txt

or taking a look in synaptic. Web interface shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows their stuff though. How about it, devs?
Ah, apt-cache dump was it :-) Perhaps I've some time tonight to write at least a small Perl or Python script around it :-)

zeroK
January 3rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
:-( No time/date stored there

jdong
January 5th, 2005, 12:30 AM
I once asked developer Daniel Stone (user daniels) about this. He liked the idea...

I really want to see a packages.debian.org equivalent for Ubuntu.

zeroK
January 5th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I once asked developer Daniel Stone (user daniels) about this. He liked the idea...

I really want to see a packages.debian.org equivalent for Ubuntu.
Yes, but please also with something like a "what's new today" view ;-) Is perhaps the date of the addition stored somewhere in the files themselves? Going on the mtimes on the primary FTP would be quite an overkill IMO.

oddabe19
January 5th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Is there a listing comparable to packages.gentoo.org for Ubuntu? IMO it would be quite nice for example to see what packages have been released today for example in hoary/universe :-)
just goto distrowatch, and compare there.

jdong
January 5th, 2005, 08:55 PM
It's not up-to-date always, doesn't sport the cool features (at-a-glance dependencies, changelog browsing, linking to appropriate source package) that the real packages.debian.org does.

zeroK
January 5th, 2005, 09:58 PM
It's not up-to-date always, doesn't sport the cool features (at-a-glance dependencies, changelog browsing, linking to appropriate source package) that the real packages.debian.org does.
I first thought that perhaps the *-changes mailing lists could come in useful here (because of the timestamps in the mails) , but there seems to be quite a delay between the actual changes and the mails.

Or is there perhaps public svn/cvs (read) access?