PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] compaq c700 series (c762nr) fan issues

busstation16
November 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I was having issues with my fans not coming till the computer was burning hot, then they would com on full blast for a minute, then tun off again. Running acpi would show a temp of 0.

Doing:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
sudo sensors-detect

then I installed the sensor applet for the Panel and showing my CPUs.

After a restart (which it seems was infact necessary) All seems to be working. I see the CPU temps just fine, and the fan it spinning away on low.

If anybody else has tried this, let me know if it or soemthing else helped.

dustin2929
October 30th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I was having issues with my fans not coming till the computer was burning hot, then they would com on full blast for a minute, then tun off again. Running acpi would show a temp of 0.

Doing:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
sudo sensors-detect

then I installed the sensor applet for the Panel and showing my CPUs.

After a restart (which it seems was infact necessary) All seems to be working. I see the CPU temps just fine, and the fan it spinning away on low.

If anybody else has tried this, let me know if it or soemthing else helped.

Yes I had the same problem on mine and this has fixed it as well. I've just installed ubuntu 9.10

JGrosman
March 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM
The over heating problem is there is not enough air getting to the fan. On the bottom of the computer where the fan is take a little screwdriver and make some of the holes bigger. It is a design flaw. Once the holes are bigger everything will work with out overheating the computer. Try to solve the simple problems first.