PDA

View Full Version : Donate to Ubuntu?

linuxology
November 18th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Has any of you donated to ubuntu? If not, Why havent you? I think it's a great idea to donate to this o/s and can only improve their mission to make a great o/s.

mr.propre
November 18th, 2008, 04:21 PM
You can donate to ubuntu????

linuxology
November 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Of Course :)
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/donations

mr.propre
November 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Of Course :)
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/donations

Lol, never knew. Well somewhere I don't because Canonical is still a commercial company, not a Non-profit organization. And that makes a big difference for me.

Sealbhach
November 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I bought a t-shirt.

bufsabre666
November 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
i bought a hat and 2 sticker packs, im saving to get one of those ogio messengerbags, there one of the best messenger bags ive seen plus its from ubuntu so thats win win. i also donated 20$ a couple years back, every little bit helps =)

lifestream
November 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I haven't because I can't afford it. I don't have a money tree. :P
To show how much money I don't have, as an example, I pay my neighbor 5 dollars per month for cable wireless internet, because I can't afford 50 dollars per month.

Plus Canonical isn't a nonprofit O_o
I'd rather donate to debian, or original projects.

Hmmm maybe if Canonical makes some tough winter boots, I'll get some. Brown is fine :P It's supposed to snow here this week, and my feetz be cold. I don't haz winter boots.

There's a reason I use Ubuntu: I don't have money! LOL

PS: bufsa, nice hat! ;D
PS2:

Your support makes all the difference to improving Ubuntu, and helps to keep hungry programmers focussed on making sure Ubuntu is the distribution you love to share.
I don't quite believe that :P If they were that hungry, why would they work for free? If I had children to feed, I don't think I'd be stupid enough to work for free if I couldn't feed them. xD

aeacides
November 18th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I would like to know first how they manage that cash ...

But anyway, as many of you, I'm a student. So I'll probably buy some goodies one time or another, and maybe donating when I'll be "auto sufficient".:KS

fatality_uk
November 18th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Indirectly. Bought a few hundrd quids worth of kit.